Members not appearing in Tools App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
bballrob

Members not appearing in Tools App

Post by bballrob »

Good Morning--

Does anyone have any idea why I would be able to find a couple of members in the directory on the main church website on a laptop/desktop computer, but not on the Member Tools App? Just to head off a few questions, I am a counselor in the stake presidency, the members are members of my stake, but not the ward I live in, and my Tools has been synced.

I discovered this yesterday when I saw that I was scheduled to conduct a couple of temple recommend interviews.

Any ideas?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Members not appearing in Tools App

Post by jdlessley »

The online Directory and Map and the Directory in Member Tools should display the same members based on privacy settings. However, as a stake leader you should see all the members of your stake regardless of the privacy setting and regardless as to which tool you are using, Directory and Map or Member Tools. The most restrictive setting, Private - Leadership Only, should still give visibility of the member information to the stake leaders. There may be a bug in the specific operating system version of Member Tools that you are using.

It would be interesting to find out what the privacy settings are for those members and households that you are not seeing in Member Tools. You would need to either ask them or have a ward clerk or bishopric member find out for you.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming you used the same Church Account on both systems. For the website, were you using the Directory & Maps or LCR?

My any chance, are the members out-of-unit members? (Someone whose records are in a different unit, but hold a calling in your unit.) That's the only thing I can think of that would make a difference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JenFernan

Post by JenFernan »

I am having the same problem. I can see a member/family in the directory on the computer, but on the app on my phone, the whole family is not showing. My husband can't see them either, yet other members I asked to look can see them. Why would this only be on my phone?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

There is another thread with discussions about this. I saw it too - a member of our stake presidency disappeared from member tools (his whole family). I did a full data refresh (Settings | Refresh Data) which fixed it for me. Others on that thread reported they uninstalled and reinstalled the app which fixed it for them.

I have no idea why unless there was an incomplete data update. Member Tools seems to use whatever it gets and never notifies you that a data update was not fully completed - it just has missing data. I have seen this most often in ministering data - this is the first time I have seen where families dropped off...
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

And the underlying problem remains that there is no way for anyone (leader or member) to know that there is missing data, unless they already knew about the data and then check and find it's not there. So a member looking at ministering assignments won't know they are missing anyone, unless a leader asks them about a specific assignment and they respond they cannot see it. Or a leader looking at new move-ins, won't know there's a name missing from the list, unless somebody tells them about that new move-in and they then realize it's not showing for them. I actually regularly log out and then back in to Tools, I've been burned a few times too many where I didn't know I was missing member information that I should have been aware of.

Return to “Member Tools”