Households Missing from Member Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
JimLeSueur

Re: Households Missing from Member Tools

Post by JimLeSueur »

We have the same issue. And some families that disappeared a couple of weeks ago have reappeared - but now others are missing.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

We have the same issue. And some families that disappeared a couple of weeks ago have reappeared - but now others are missing.
A couple of ideas. First, is this only happening for yourself in Member Tools, or do other members in your ward also see this behavior? Second, have you tried logging out of Member Tools and then back in? This has usually resolved the issue when I've seen this behavior on my phone, but from what I gather it's not a 100% solution for everyone.
stevenamorrison

Post by stevenamorrison »

BrianEdwards wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:41 pm A couple of ideas. First, is this only happening for yourself in Member Tools, or do other members in your ward also see this behavior? Second, have you tried logging out of Member Tools and then back in? This has usually resolved the issue when I've seen this behavior on my phone, but from what I gather it's not a 100% solution for everyone.
In my case, others in the ward see this behavior. Another member who was taking attendance brought it to my attention today. I thought it might be related to privacy settings, but I noticed that I can't even see my household in the app.
I checked with two members of the bishopric (one of which is also affected by the issue) and neither of them could see these households in the directory view on the app.
Something interesting to note is that when looking at the organizations on iOS, members from the missing households show as "Private - Leadership Only", but on Android devices, the callings are just missing.
2023-03-26 18_05_19-Clipboard.png
2023-03-26 18_00_45-Clipboard.png
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I wonder of there is some service disruption going on with the church that is just related to Member Tools. My wife mentioned to me yesterday that a member of the stake presidency is not showing (his whole family is not showing) on Tools. I checked and they weren't showing for me either. We speculated that they may have moved out of the stake (they are not in our ward so I cannot see the members-moved-moved out list for their ward). But this morning I went to the online directory and map and they are showing there.
lucashugh82

Post by lucashugh82 »

I was able to fix mine. Had to uninstall tools and reinstall it and now everybody shows up.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Performing a full data refresh (from the settings menu) fixed it for me. Easier than uninstalling and reinstalling so I would recommend others try that first.
danpass

Post by danpass »

davesudweeks wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:08 pm Performing a full data refresh (from the settings menu) fixed it for me. Easier than uninstalling and reinstalling so I would recommend others try that first.
Our RS president's family has been missing in Tools for at least a couple of weeks, but not missing in the online directory. I can confirm that the doing the Refresh Data in the Member Tools app settings on my Android phone has corrected the problem for me.

After noticing the problem, on several occasions prior to today, I had performed manual updates using the Update option in the app menu. I do have Automatic update turned on. But the problem did not get resolved.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

We had several go missing this weekend, I uninstalled and reinstalled and they were back.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
KGarrick

Post by KGarrick »

My household is missing in Member Tools as well. Our adult son, different household, still shows. Our callings are in tact. Just can’t see ourselves. Have updated, deleted app, logged in and out and in. Still not here on Member Tools. Glad to know someone didn’t withdraw our memberships for us or something.
KGarrick

Post by KGarrick »

Actually deleting the app and logging back in did the trick for me. I can see our household again.

Return to “Member Tools”