Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Why does Lds login page display when I try to use gmail

Post by sbradshaw »

Another thing you could try is clearing the cache/cookies in your browser.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Something to try: Go ahead and log in to your gmail account on that page.

It's just a "cover page". Both accounts are gmail.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Alysonkw

Post by Alysonkw »

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alysonkw wrote:Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem?
We never heard back if/how it was resolved.

All I can suggest is trying the steps suggested in the thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmtbb

Post by mmtbb »

I had this same problem. I am using Microsoft EDGE browser. I went to settings|privacy| and the cleared all data. At first it didn't work, but I then realized it has a drop down menu for "Time Range". I selected "All Time" and then pressed the "Clear Now" button. It finally allows me to sign into GMAIL without redirecting to Church site.
westynd

Post by westynd »

I can confirm the same solution for Chrome. Clearing all browsing data fixed the issue for me
deannwebb

Post by deannwebb »

I am having the same issue. My son used my laptop for home MTC to login to his mission portal. He said he didn't change any settings to do so. Now I cannot use Safari to login to my gmail. He is logged out. I logged out. I tried restarting my computer. Still, It redirects me to his mission portal. I am not using a shortcut. I just type in gmail.com from search engine. How do we fix this? This should not be happening to so many people. At least I can login using Chrome, but I want it fixed so that I can use Safari to access my gmail if I want.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

deannwebb wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:52 pm I am having the same issue. My son used my laptop for home MTC to login to his mission portal. He said he didn't change any settings to do so. Now I cannot use Safari to login to my gmail. He is logged out. I logged out. I tried restarting my computer. Still, It redirects me to his mission portal. I am not using a shortcut. I just type in gmail.com from search engine. How do we fix this? This should not be happening to so many people. At least I can login using Chrome, but I want it fixed so that I can use Safari to access my gmail if I want.
Here are instructions for removing cookies in Safari on macOS:
https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac

Cookies are what allow websites to remember you (sign-in state and recreatable settings) the next time you visit them. I'd recommend removing cookies for any websites that include the terms "google", "lds", or "church" in the domain name (there's a search box in the top right of the manage website data panel to search for specific domains). Then, the next time you visit gmail.com, it should start you off with a fresh slate.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
deannwebb

Post by deannwebb »

sbradshaw wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:35 pm
deannwebb wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:52 pm I am having the same issue. My son used my laptop for home MTC to login to his mission portal. He said he didn't change any settings to do so. Now I cannot use Safari to login to my gmail. He is logged out. I logged out. I tried restarting my computer. Still, It redirects me to his mission portal. I am not using a shortcut. I just type in gmail.com from search engine. How do we fix this? This should not be happening to so many people. At least I can login using Chrome, but I want it fixed so that I can use Safari to access my gmail if I want.
Here are instructions for removing cookies in Safari on macOS:
https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac

Cookies are what allow websites to remember you (sign-in state and recreatable settings) the next time you visit them. I'd recommend removing cookies for any websites that include the terms "google", "lds", or "church" in the domain name (there's a search box in the top right of the manage website data panel to search for specific domains). Then, the next time you visit gmail.com, it should start you off with a fresh slate.
THIS WORKED!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!
chandrabaker

Post by chandrabaker »

I'm having the same problem. When my son tries to login to google classroom for homework it takes him to LDS login.

Return to “Church Account”