Mission Boundaries

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Barryd

Mission Boundaries

Post by Barryd »

Is there any way i can get the boudaries of the missions in Peru?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

barryd wrote:Is there any way i can get the boudaries of the missions in Peru?

1. goto maps.lds.org and login
2. open the map legend and make sure the checkbox next to Missions is selected
3. move to desired location on the map by doing a search or moving the map with the map controls

[Note: for new topics you should start a new thread]
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kd7mha wrote:[Note: for new topics you should start a new thread]

So true. I moved the original post and response to a new thread.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jkcook

Post by jkcook »

Fun! BTW, it told me you had to be signed in to see boundaries. I enjoy being here in SLC and having fast internet and seeing all the meetinghouses or all the temples or whatever just pop up. Nothing like our 448 kbps at home.
bemine

mission boundaries

Post by bemine »

map of California Los Angels Mission
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bemine wrote:map of California Los Angels Mission
Do you have a question, an issue, or something to discuss related to the map of California Los Angeles Mission?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The original response did say to open maps and login, it was small and might have been missed, but yes, you must sign in to the maps app before you can see Mission Boundaries. I like to grab a copy of the mission boundaries and Temple locations when I do notes for High Council as a returning missionary is reporting.
Hunterwithers

Re: Mission Boundaries

Post by Hunterwithers »

how do I see mission boundaries if the maps function is not working?
caillines

Post by caillines »

Hunterwithers wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:52 am how do I see mission boundaries if the maps function is not working?
If you have CDOL access, then log in to CDOL, search for the mission name, on the unit page for the mission click into the "general information" tab, and you can download a map there.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

An update since this thread was 'resurrected'... Currently at the main Church webpage, if you search under "Serve => Callings => Missionary", the menu bar on the left has the last selection titled "Mission Maps". This takes you to a page that refers you to the Classic Maps site, and obviously this should have been updated years ago and had that info removed. I submitted Feedback from that page about this incorrect information that is generally available to anyone searching around.

The above web page does state that a full-time missionary can access a downloadable map of their mission via the Missionary Portal. But for general interest (somebody wanting to see the current boundaries of their old mission, etc), I don't think there's any current way besides the CDOL option that certain leaders can access.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”