Is there a way to get the app if you don't have a phone?

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
jgrusendorf

Re: Is there a way to get the app if you don't have a phone?

Post by jgrusendorf »

Thank you. I'll do that.
shannon.heward

Post by shannon.heward »

I am a YW adviser for 11 year olds and none of them have cell phones. The Gospel Living app is such a great to but we really need a Web interface for our young women To be part of these conversations. They feel like they’re missing out!!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

shannon.heward wrote:I am a YW adviser for 11 year olds and none of them have cell phones. The Gospel Living app is such a great to but we really need a Web interface for our young women To be part of these conversations. They feel like they’re missing out!!
I have heard that they are considering a web interface for the Gospel Living app. However, I also recommend you express your concerns to your ward leadership. If we follow the Savior's example, we will be sensitive to the needs of the one and minister in whatever way will be effective to them, not expect them to conform to how we want to minister. Having access to technology should never be a requirement for membership and inclusion in the Lord's church.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I don't find this much different from other tech-enhanced communication methods implemented by local Youth leaders, albeit this is an official Church app. I've often found that whether it's group texting, WhatsApp, FB pages, or any other way leaders engage with youth using the Tech they identify with, there's almost always other youth who are left out. I know of parents who are frustrated because there's so much good communication between other girls and their leaders, yet their daughter/son is left out because the parent chooses not to have their youth have a cell phone to text, or their child just isn't interested in FB, etc.

To me there's no easy answer, and I'm not positive an 11-yr-old would engage with a web-based interface the same way they would if they had a cell phone with the App. But I do sympathize with every parent in this situation, where they don't want their child left out or left behind.
benegbert
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by benegbert »

Not sure if this was already answered or not, the app is currently available on chromebooks and it being worked on to work with MAC computers in the near future.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

benegbert wrote:Not sure if this was already answered or not, the app is currently available on chromebooks
All chromebooks or just the ones that can run Android apps?

Any plans for Windows users?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
hathaway1

Post by hathaway1 »

russellhltn wrote:
benegbert wrote:Not sure if this was already answered or not, the app is currently available on chromebooks
All chromebooks or just the ones that can run Android apps?

I have been able to install the app on my chromebook that runs Android apps but not on my other chromebook that doesn't.
joehays

Post by joehays »

Gospel Living is not available on all Chrome devices. It's only available on Chrome OS devices that support Android apps.

Just test it and you'll see. I have one of each and only one can install GL.
ceafarmer

Post by ceafarmer »

Is it possible to use my phone and sign in as my child? I’m happy to let my children use my phone to respond and communicate in the app but it doesn’t appear that I can sign out and have my kids sign in on the same device.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ceafarmer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:30 pm but it doesn’t appear that I can sign out
In the app, at the bottom, click on "Discover". From that page, click on the "gear" icon in the upper right. "Sign out" prominently at the bottom.

At least that works on Android.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Living App”