Ward members missing from tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
revs

Ward members missing from tools

Post by revs »

Hello,
I have a strange case. I am in the EQP and my with is the RSP. My copy of LDS tools is missing some families from the ward. I can refresh the data and it doesn't help. I can sync my phone again and again with no change. They are missing from any reports I run (like members moved in). They are missing from any callings they have. They are missing from the list of members. They show up on my wife's account and her copy of LDS tools, and on LDS tools of the other members of the Elder's Quorum presidency. For some reason on my copy of LDS tools they are missing...
I have yet to try reinstalling the app on my iPhone. I expect that will fix the issue, but thought I would wait to do that in case tech support wants to try and understand why this is happening. Is this a known issue?

If I go to LCR they appear using my account.

Thank you...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward members missing from tools

Post by russellhltn »

Is your wife also using iOS and is it the same version of Tools as yours?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I recently found that no matter what I tried, a recent move-in family would simply not appear in my phone's Tools app. I tried everything, even waited a few days and tried everything again. Then finally after logging out of the phone app and then logging back in, the sync magically caused them to appear. From my pov, no rhyme or reason, and seemed a bit random because all the other new move-ins did appear. And it did make me wonder what other things might not be getting synced but aren't as "visible" to me.

You didn't state if you tried logging off/on, perhaps worth a try.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:21 pm I tried everything, even waited a few days and tried everything again. Then finally after logging out of the phone app and then logging back in, the sync magically caused them to appear.
Perhaps the difference between an "incremental" sync and a full sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davemoore99

Post by davemoore99 »

Having the same issue here, members of the high council are not showing up on some members of the stake presidency (Android Devices) while they show up on mine. Very strange, syncing doesn't help. I will try and have the exec clerk (who is having the issue) clear his cache / log out / unistall the app at our next SP meeting.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Uninstalling is not necessary. Most data issues can be corrected by signing out and then back in. The difference between sign out/in and refreshing data is that sign out/in reloads all data rather than just refreshing changed data.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”