Emails now have an unsubscribe option

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
caillines

Emails now have an unsubscribe option

Post by caillines »

Just noticed this today.

Emails from church leaders now have an unsubscribe option at the bottom.

In the "send a message" member selection, you can now see whether a member has unsubscribed.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Emails now have an unsubscribe option

Post by russellhltn »

I'm curious about what the default is. When it was first pointed out several weeks back, mine was "unchecked". Unless there was a change, I'd expect a lot of members would suddenly be missing emails.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

About a third of our stake members have an email address listed (keeping in mind this is individual, not household).
Of those, three members appear to have "unsubscribed" (including one less-active who in the past has liked getting messages).

I'm not sure if there is an internal difference between those that unsubscribed using the link in the email vs previously unchecking the box in account settings, that would be a further interesting issue if there was.
caillines

Post by caillines »

One thing that I'm definitely going to have to pay attention to is removing the footer when I forward messages.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did the footer change? The last message I got was March 26th and the footer was
You received this email because you made your email address available to your local Church leaders. It was sent by xxxxxxx, whose calling is Elders Quorum Second Counselor.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:28 pm Did the footer change? The last message I got was March 26th and the footer was
You received this email because you made your email address available to your local Church leaders. It was sent by xxxxxxx, whose calling is Elders Quorum Second Counselor.
The last one I received (yesterday) had "Email Preferences" and "Unsubscribe" links at the bottom of the email. Just below the sentence you quoted.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

There is also an "Unsubscribe" link at the top (next to the "noreply-lcr..." sender address to the right of the sender's name).

Return to “General Discussions”