Entering new Bishop at Stake Level

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
barwillhansen

Entering new Bishop at Stake Level

Post by barwillhansen »

I am a stake clerk with a YSA Stake. We sustained a new Bishop in one of our wards. It was necessary that he be ordained a High Priest at the same time. I have entered in the HP Ordination, however when I try to enter him in as the new Bishop, the "Ordained By" and "Sustained by" fields, which were both done by our stake president, and I enter his name exactly as it is in LCR, it says "Member not found or invalid MRN". Please help quickly so that this Bishop can get access to LCR. Thank You
davesudweeks

Re: Entering new Bishop at Stake Level

Post by davesudweeks »

It is possible his High Priest ordination needs to synch with church systems before the bishop calling can be recorded. I'm not sure how long the synch process takes but have read that some are batch process that occur at specific intervals so it could take a few hours or longer if this is what is preventing you from entering him as the bishop.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try entering his MRN. I doubt if the new bishop is a member of the YSA Stake. (Has he been recorded as an out-of-unit member?) As such, a name search may not work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

I am able to find the new Bishop when I enter his name. The problem comes when I enter the name or MRN in the "Ordained by" and "set apart by" fields. When I enter the stake presidents name, the fields turn red, and I receive a warning under these fields that say "member not found for invalid MRN". If it enter the MRN of our stake president in these same fields, I receive a warning that says "The name entered does not match the name used on the membership record. Please check the name, and try again".

Thank you for any help you can provide. The new Bishop is anxious to gain access to LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest calling Global Support Desk. But first, you may want to try and confirm the MRN.

I believe you could also ask the ward clerk to try and enter it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:57 am I believe you could also ask the ward clerk to try and enter it.
Bishop is the one ward level position that the ward can not edit.
barwillhansen

Post by barwillhansen »

This issue was resolved. I was doing it at at time the church was experiencing a system wide computer glitch. I called GSC and they instructed me to wait 24 hours, which it did and was able to enter in once the glitch was resolved. Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Return to “Membership Help”