Delete LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Delete LDS Account

Post by cstaber »

This thread sure has lived a long time with lots of outdated information in it!

RE: Deleting your own account - Today, you can delete your own account by going to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org. If you're not a church employee, you'll see "Delete Account" at the bottom of the Personal Information page. When your account is deleted, you will lose access to some church tools and information, such as your unique annotations in Gospel Library and your contributions to the FamilySearch Tree.

RE: App security - Since the Church moved to a Cloud Identity Provider, more and more applications are requiring Two-Step Verification if you've set it up on your account. As time goes on, I'm sure this will continue to increase!

RE: Third-Party FamilySearch apps harvesting names - You actually no longer need these apps. Family Search has this built-in. If you're running to the Temple to do an Ordinance, you just sign in to Family Search and click on "Temple" then "Ordinances Ready". You then select the Ordinance you would like to find names for. It will search your tree for you for names that are ready and need the work done - Super fast and easy!
B_Seegmiller

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Thank you for the information — good stuff.

Regarding the “third-party apps harvesting names”: regardless of whether or not “I” wanted or needed the app (I didn’t, but those who wanted the Teflon church experience of going to the temples with a name would), their existence seemed to be a security threat to FamilySearch and the church’s member and leader log-ins at the church itself. And they facilitated that Teflon manner of being dissociated from the person whose name is being used.
Fabiancapilla

Post by Fabiancapilla »

como elimino una cuenta para que pueda acceder a mi cuenta original y haci poder tener una sola cuenta de la iglesia
SanDiegoHB

Post by SanDiegoHB »

regarding "RE: Deleting your own account - Today, you can delete your own account by going to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org. If you're not a church employee, you'll see "Delete Account" at the bottom of the Personal Information page."
...I have tried this so many times, different browsers, waited a week in between attempts, and after hitting delete it does *nothing*
any ideas? tips?
HilaryY06

Post by HilaryY06 »

Hello,

I had my old LDS account deleted because I thought I won't be able to recover it. I created a new one. Can I use my MRN for the new account?
Ameliatuiono

Post by Ameliatuiono »

Hi

I had unknowingly created 2x account for myself. Last couple of weeks or so I had put through tithing under my account. Then when I went to put my husbands tithing in, I noticed that his membership number was on his account. I tried to search and enter my membership number into my account but a message kept popping up saying unable to as this membership number already used. Thats when I clicked I had created 2 accounts. So I went searching for the other one, manage to find it and deleted the other one. However I had already put through tithing in the account I just deleted. so I put through tithing into the current account, thinking that the system will not take money out of the deleted one as it is deleted. I checked my email to my surprise a message to say husbands tithing has been reversed and thats when I knew the money still went out from the deleted account. Can someone help me reverse my tithing from the deleted account.

Much appreicated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@ Ameliatuiono,
The only people who can possibly help are the support people at the Global Services Department (GSD). Ask your ward clerk to give you the telephone number. Only you can talk to them about your issue. Be sure to have your membership record number (MRN) available to give them. You will also need to have the username and password for the deleted account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
DarrylH8625

Post by DarrylH8625 »

I have two accounts under the one email address and am wondering how to delete one of them so that I can access my records?. Cheers
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

DarrylH8625 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:54 pm I have two accounts under the one email address and am wondering how to delete one of them so that I can access my records?. Cheers
Go to account.churchofjesuschrist.org, log in using the account you want to delete. On the left side, you'll see "Delete Account".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
stars3434

Post by stars3434 »

I don't know my membership record number Larry christopher griggs

Return to “Church Account”