25 April 2023 - new changes

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

suzettebeck

25 April 2023 - new changes

Post by suzettebeck »

My computer runs so slow now after your changes that were made today. I am nervous to reset the app. I have 4 years of work on this app. that I don't want erased. Then it says all your synced annotations will still be available (does this mean uninstall the app and reinstall and it will all be ok? Or should I just give it time and it will work out and pick up speed as before?
It tells me to go to reset application, settings, adv settings and reset app. Then the confirmation pop up shows stating:
Are you sure you want to reset the app? All data will be removed (this is where I get really nervous) from your local machine including content, highlights, bookmarks, notes, tags, and settings. All your synced annotations will still be available on churchofjesuschrist.org and can be redownloaded after the app is reset.
I am not computer tech savvy - so I am sorry if this is a nuisance to you. Thanks, Suzette
mbsinsel

Re: 25 April 2023 - new changes

Post by mbsinsel »

You can verify that all of your notes, highlights, etc will be available by logging into the web version of the gospel library app. On the home page of the church website under the search box you will see a menu. The first item is "Libraries"
you can click that and log in and you will see everything that has synced with the desktop app.
If you have to reset the app or uninstall; all of your notes will come back once you log into the desktop app with your user name.
If you have 4 years of note taking it may take a while to download everything so you may want to let it run overnight depending on your internet speed and desktop system.
olseninn2

Post by olseninn2 »

Updated to version 6.0 yesterday and also noticed it is very slow at responding. Specifically, when I select text to annotate, there is a 1-2 second delay before annotation is applied. Even updating a bookmark is delayed. Frankly, this is very annoying. I've already found myself accidentally annotating the same text multiple times before the highlighting appears. Then, deleting a duplicate is even worse due to the delay. I bought this computer only 2 weeks ago, so resetting the application to solve the problem seems unlikely.
BTW, I see the change log goes from 5.4 to 6.0. I seem to remember running 5.6 before the update to 6.0.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

My computer runs so slow now after your changes that were made today
Suzette, just for your awareness, the Tech Forum is not true Church Support. Almost all Forum participants are regular church members who have no direct connection to any changes the Church puts out. There may be forum members who have awareness of specific changes, or who can give you helpful suggestions on what to do (like what @mbsinsel suggests).

That said, posting your question is the right thing! We all try and help each other out, and there's a lot of very savvy forum members who enjoy helping others out with what they know. It just may be hit-and-miss to see which forum members respond to which user posts.
lizdean608

Post by lizdean608 »

I am likewise having the same issues- very slow response time for annotations and notes. I've tried this on two separate computers respectively running windows 10 and 11. I have a laptop with an older version of the app (5.6) and it runs fine.
I do all my scripture study on this app, and the lag is distracting and annoying.
Is there a way to install an older version until you get this fixed?
MJELLETT

Post by MJELLETT »

:cry: in the library app I am trying to post talks for Elders Quorum and the dates won't change to October 2023.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”