Getting Audio right with Virtual Sacrament Meeetings

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Getting Audio right with Virtual Sacrament Meeetings

Post by lajackson »

derrickfulkerson wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:00 am I’ve thought about going back to the Teradek and streaming to YouTube . . .
This is what we do for units in our stake center. Turn on the encoder. Hold the meeting. Turn off the encoder. No need for laptops or other devices. I reset the YouTube event each week to reuse the same settings, so they do not even need to reprogram the encoder during the week.

Our pulpit microphone does a fairly decent job of picking up the organ sound.
derrickfulkerson

Re: Getting Audio right with Virtual Sacrament Meeetings

Post by derrickfulkerson »

lajackson wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 am
derrickfulkerson wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:00 am I’ve thought about going back to the Teradek and streaming to YouTube . . .
This is what we do for units in our stake center. Turn on the encoder. Hold the meeting. Turn off the encoder. No need for laptops or other devices. I reset the YouTube event each week to reuse the same settings, so they do not even need to reprogram the encoder during the week.

Our pulpit microphone does a fairly decent job of picking up the organ sound.
I’d like to be able to do this but the output from our mounted camera is in the first overflow and there are no audio inputs or outputs there. For stake Conference we run a snake cable back to the overflow to get audio (and send audio), but that is not feasible for weekly meetings.

We would also need some kind of built in cabinet to house the teradek and hide cables.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”