Gospel Library App Suggestions

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Gospel Library App Suggestions

Post by jonesrk »

I will open the related content section and scan it to find the next JST then I know how far I can read before I need to look at the footnote.
Jr6williams

Post by Jr6williams »

The option to have two languages shown at once. That way, one can, for example, read the English and Spanish translations of the Book of Mormon.
I think implementing this language feature will allow people to better learn language through the gospel of Christ, and also be helpful with missionaries as they learn from the Scripture
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There is a dual (multiple) language capability available, at least on the Android version. I am guessing this is also available on iOS. This feature is not showing side by side pages in the two different languages but on two screens. Unfortunately both screens cannot be displayed at once and side by side. But it is easy enough to switch screens. The languages have to first be downloaded within the app. Once the second screen is open and the same content is selected then change the language.

The enhancement would be to have the ability to display two screens side by side. An additional enhancement would be to link the two screens such that scrolling or navigating in one screen would result in corresponding changes in the alternate language screen.

Any features or suggestions you would like to see should be submitted by way of the in-app feedback found in the Help menu. It is highly unlikely that any feature suggestions in this thread or any other thread will be seen by anyone with the authority to make programming decisions.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kirstenraebahr

Post by kirstenraebahr »

The new option of adding a talk for Relief Society lessons is great except for the fact that we aren't supposed to focus on the talk as much as we are the topic. I would love to see this change so Sisters can find the topic and even resources that would best help their study for each Relief Society lesson.
puhl

Re: Gospel Library App Suggestions - add ward bulletins to the app

Post by puhl »

With the addition of a ward's hymns and upcoming lessons to the app, I would love for the Gospel Library app to be able to hold the ward bulletin - that week's sacrament agenda, speaker names (maybe even links to their subjects/talk materials), prayers, ward/stake business and announcements/calendar items. Currently our ward uses the church's email tool and a social media page for ward communication. This would be great because it's an app everyone uses so it would allow us to eliminate the social media page while not asking members to install another app.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

With the addition of a ward's hymns and upcoming lessons to the app, I would love for the Gospel Library app...
Suggestions like this are best submitted via the Church's Feedback process, available inside the Gospel Library app, or at the bottom of most Church webpages. This Forum is primarily user-to-user interactions, those Church employees who might be able to record and act on your suggestion, are unlikely to visit the Forum.

We've seen a lot of new features in the Gospel Library app's home screen, and I suspect the Church isn't done. That said, I'm uncertain how much they would prioritize including the sacrament agenda, given the variability and fluidity of these types of things. Some units don't use the calendar, others live it. At times ward/stake business is finalized that same morning. And there's units where many members aren't comfortable with using an App and would prefer something physical, so you might have to duplicate information in a printed bulletin and then in the app, or have somebody manage syncing separate bulletin info. So I expect they would weigh the utility of providing something like that, with the worldwide applicability from unit to unit.

But it's worthwhile Feedback, everyone should always feel free to share with the Church what they feel would be helpful.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's worth noting that the calendar is already available in the Tools app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Antonito2030

Post by Antonito2030 »

Muy buenos días Hermanitos!!, les comento que en esta nueva Actualización, en el Inicio no me sale el Icono de la Imagen de: las Escrituras, Música, Temas y Preguntas y Adultos!!, por favor revisar, Gracias!!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Antonito2030 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:31 am Muy buenos días Hermanitos!!, les comento que en esta nueva Actualización, en el Inicio no me sale el Icono de la Imagen de: las Escrituras, Música, Temas y Preguntas y Adultos!!, por favor revisar, Gracias!!!!
¡Buenas tardes! Hubo un problema hace algunos días en que varias imágenes desaparecieron en la versión de Biblioteca del Evangelio para Android. Esto debe resolverse en algunos días con una actualización de contenido.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mormonzionist

Post by mormonzionist »

When I do a search in the app (I am using it on a PC in Windows 10) it does not do what I ask. For example, if I choose the OT book of Genesis and I search for "Levi" and I specifically press "Search for "Levi" in Genesis? " it gives e search results in all of the Old Testament. This completely undermines the main reason I use the app.

Return to “Gospel Library”