Why Photo not showing in Member Tools?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
essmyly

Why Photo not showing in Member Tools?

Post by essmyly »

We are trying to get Sisters to update their photos--I helped someone get her photo in yesterday and it's still not showing in Member Tools--I've updated mine. Any idea why this happens and how to resolve it?
Thanks!
davesudweeks

Re: Why Photo not showing in Member Tools?

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't know if this is still the case, but it used to be that after a member uploaded their photo, the clerk had to approve the photo before anyone else could see it. There were some requirements for photos that the clerk was supposed to make sure were not being violated before approving them (no caricature images, for example), but it has been a few years since I was a clerk and I don't know if the requirements/instructions have changed.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The photo still needs to be approved before the photo will be visible to anyone outside the household. Those who can approve a photo is a bishopric member, executive secretary, assistant executive secretary, clerk, assistant clerk, assistant clerk - membership. Typically the clerk will approve the photo since he usually will see the approval reminder each time he opens LCR for other tasks.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
baneil50

Post by baneil50 »

After clerk or whomever approves, you may need to go to More -> Settings-> Refresh Data to see the new photo.

Return to “Member Tools”