Computer not properly set up

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
VictorO

Computer not properly set up

Post by VictorO »

We got a new computer recently, but was not set up properly and was not able to download the church programs onto it. At this point, would we be okay to just factory reset it and try again from the beginning? I wasn't told whether there was already an autopilot feature installed before set up (I was not around when this set up occurred), so I'm just worried a factory reset would not keep the autopilot feature.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Computer not properly set up

Post by russellhltn »

The last computer that came to the stake didn't have three "autopilot". I had to go to clerksupport.churchofjesuschrist.org and navigate from there to download the program that sets it up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
VictorO

Post by VictorO »

I'm looking around that website and it tells me to contact GSD for the application. Problem is that I work 9-5 during the week, and I can't seem to find their hours anywhere. :cry:
I'll try them sometime tomorrow and see if I can get in contact with them then.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

VictorO wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm I'm looking around that website and it tells me to contact GSD for the application. Problem is that I work 9-5 during the week, and I can't seem to find their hours anywhere. :cry:
We're not allowed to give out the GSD phone number(s) here, but your ward clerk can give you phone numbers. I tried unsuccessfully to find their hours for you.

Guessing you're in North America, the number for NA could work before or after your work hours--depending on your time zone. The word "Global" is in the department's name, and they serve the entire globe. Worst case, you could try a phone number for (an English-speaking country in) a different continent.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

VictorO wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm I'm looking around that website and it tells me to contact GSD for the application.
Darn. They changed the page a couple of weeks ago. It used to have a link to the tool.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I do not have the exact hours, but last I needed them they were still open in the evenings on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I called as late as 8:00 pm their time and still got an answer.
nmecantwin73

Post by nmecantwin73 »

VictorO wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm I'm looking around that website and it tells me to contact GSD for the application. Problem is that I work 9-5 during the week, and I can't seem to find their hours anywhere. :cry:
rmrichesjr wrote: ...The word "Global" is in the department's name, and they serve the entire globe...
The GSD is around-the-clock support during the week. You can (generally) call when it's convenient for you (M-F) to get the info you need.

Return to “Clerk Computers”