Notes not completely showing in sidebar with new update

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
dthomaswright

Notes not completely showing in sidebar with new update

Post by dthomaswright »

I have submitted feedback on this, just wondering if I am the only one with this as an issue.

With the most recent update the notes & links in the related content/side bar has been minimized to take up less space. That might be nice for space but make it difficult to use while teaching based on off how I have used scriptures over the last 10 years. I teach seminary classes all day, and have included notes & links so I can see them while teaching without clicks so i have information there to answer questions or enhance lessons. I feel this new update has made those notes a ton less useful, in some cases useless.

The same is true in notebooks. i have created notes/quotes/links in Notebooks so I can see an entire talk or lesson at once, and now I have to click on each note to open it up and see what is there. This is making me shift back away from the Gospel Library app for lessons and talks. The perk was having everything there.

Am the only one seeing this new update this way? Other improvements I love, this one I have been really disappointed with. I wish they could make it an option to show the notes the way it was the the last version or as it is now. This is a huge change for a daily Gospel Library app user/teacher. Other changes have been improvements, not so much on this one.

Anyone know why this decision/change was made? Is there a chance that it could be changed back? Just wondering if I need to look at new tools before I invest more time in this. Thanks. (also if any of this sounded mad that was not the intent, maybe feeling frustrated and confused, but not mad).
samspoors

Re: Notes not completely showing in sidebar with new update

Post by samspoors »

I definitely feel the same way. I make all of my notes in the highlights of my scriptures. Previously, when I open up the footnotes bar, I could read the entirety of my note and could read all of my notes for the entire chapter in the same view. Now there just seems to be a preview (whose formatting is messed up as I use bullets) and I have to click on each note in order to read it properly. Can’t see where this is beneficial. Might be a bug?
dthomaswright

Post by dthomaswright »

samspoors wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:46 pm I definitely feel the same way. I make all of my notes in the highlights of my scriptures. Previously, when I open up the footnotes bar, I could read the entirety of my note and could read all of my notes for the entire chapter in the same view. Now there just seems to be a preview (whose formatting is messed up as I use bullets) and I have to click on each note in order to read it properly. Can’t see where this is beneficial. Might be a bug?
Last email I got back when I submitted feedback was that this is how it was designed to be now... I hope others will also submit feedback and ask for it to be an option. I noticed on the web browser there is now a toggle switch to allow you to hide your notes, or related content. Something like that in the app but would allow all notes to automatically be expanded would be awesome!
LauraClayton

Post by LauraClayton »

I'm having the same frustrations and am definitely NOT happy with this. It completely eliminates my desire to use the Gospel Library Scripture for making notes, for I need them on my phone and only a lines appear. What's the use in that?

I've also been frustrated in how long every click seems to take to load since this new update!
Last edited by LauraClayton on Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The behavior was changed in the latest update, Gospel Library 6.5.3 for iOS.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dthomaswright

Post by dthomaswright »

sbradshaw wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:58 am The behavior was changed in the latest update, Gospel Library 6.5.3 for iOS.
Literally an answer to prayers when I saw the new beta come out last night and noticed the change. Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Gospel Library”