No Splash Group Policy Limitations

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
RichPhillips

No Splash Group Policy Limitations

Post by RichPhillips »

Is anyone aware of a limitation on the number of no splash mac addresses we can enter in the meetinghouse firewall for the Public zone? The listing on the page in CNM appears to be nine. Maybe I just haven't found the way to scroll down. It appears to me that when I add one when there are already nine, it doesn't register.

Do not hesitate to embarrass me on this one. If this topic was covered before, I could not find it.

Thanks in advance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: No Splash Group Policy Limitations

Post by russellhltn »

According to a knowledgeable insider, the limit is (or at least was) 15.

Note that NoSplash was intended for devices (printers, TV sets, etc.) that lack a browser to accept the terms and is only needed if the device needs to connect to the internet. It shouldn't be needed for strictly local networking. However, it seems some have been using it as a VIP status for privileged users.

It's possible what you've run into is a display bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RichPhillips

Re: No Splash Group Policy Limitations

Post by RichPhillips »

Thanks for the response. I am going to dig a little deeper next week into the issue. You would think that 9 would be enough, but seems like a lot of TVs, printers, scanners, etc., are now on the wifi network.

Could be a display issue. It appeared that when I added the tenth mac address it kept the name of the ninth in the listing with the new mac address I added.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”