Bishop's HP printer cannot access internet to get updates

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
beboppinbobby

Bishop's HP printer cannot access internet to get updates

Post by beboppinbobby »

The printer works fine when initially turned on, but it frequently becomes unavailable to print when it tries to update and can't access the internet. We can get it back to a ready state, but it takes time, and it has become a real distraction from just doing our work.

How can I get this printer to get access to the internet? I added it to the IoT and NoSplash groups, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bishop's HP printer cannot access internet to get updates

Post by russellhltn »

beboppinbobby wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:42 pm I added it to the IoT and NoSplash groups, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
I'm assuming it's connected to WiFi. Make sure you're using the right MAC address. If it has multiple ways to connect, it will have multiple MAC ids.

Make sure it's using the network's DNS and not it's own.

I'd also remove it from IOT.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dave.swartz

Re: Bishop's HP printer cannot access internet to get updates

Post by dave.swartz »

IoT is the wrong VLAN, go back and add it to the Liahona VLAN with the NoSplash screen.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”