EQ and RS permissions to edit contact information

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
JPMarichal

EQ and RS permissions to edit contact information

Post by JPMarichal »

Is the access table only informative? As a EQ president, I need to be able to edit the members address and contact information, because it hasn't been updated in a long while and there's a lot of changes to make to update it. I know this is a ward's clerk responsability, but RS and EQ needs the members list to be updated as soon as a change is known and because the clerk's current load of tasks, we have to wait days or weeks for every single change. It would be nice if we would be able to update the list ourselves. I had the idea the bishop or another admin is able to grant those permissions, is he? Otherwise, is there any way?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: EQ and RS permissions to edit contact information

Post by lajackson »

JPMarichal wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:50 am I had the idea the bishop or another admin is able to grant those permissions, is he?
Permission is granted only by standard calling in LCR. The ward clerk, the assistant ward clerk, and the membership clerk are able to make the update. (The bishop is also able to do it but his counselors are not.)

The clerk or the member are able to update other contact information (phone/email).

If the bishop feels that the ward clerk is taking too long to update membership records (and it sounds as if that is true), then he may either work with the clerk to upgrade expectations, or he should recommend to the stake presidency the calling of an assistant clerk in his ward.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Back in the days when these updates could only be done via MLS in the clerk's office, I could understand a delay of a week. When I was a ward clerk in the early 1980s, I had to write changes on paper membership records, and mail them to church HQ, then wait for those records to be updated and mailed back to me.

But today, it takes less than a minute for a clerk to make each update, regardless of his location or workload.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
JPMarichal

Post by JPMarichal »

Thanks for your kind response

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”