Gospel Living App Circles Admin Enhancement Request

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Living App Circles Admin Enhancement Request

Post by russellhltn »

jokoegler wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm I’m wondering if the circles portion automatically changes administrations with a new calling.
I'd expect so, but it make take some time. Perhaps 24 hours after it's been recorded properly.
jokoegler wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm I’m a fairly new yw ward Pres and have no way of seeing who’s in what circle.
Funny. I'm not an admin, but I see retrieve a list of who is and isn't in a circle.
jokoegler wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm But I do see a girl who has moved from our ward 2 years ago still has a comment in one circle.
How old is the comment? I wouldn't expect them to disappear when they move out, but I wouldn't expect them to remain in the circle. (Although others have reported issues)
jokoegler wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm Do I talk to my ward clerk?
I doubt if he has much control over circles. But he can tell you if that girl who moved 2 years ago still has her records in the ward and may be able to help you with the app.

The App does seem to be buggy. You may need to log out and back in to fix things.
jokoegler wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:56 pm I’d really really like to be able to use this rather than having 10 different texting groups lighting up my phone constantly.
You can disable notifications for specific circles.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

kjablonski wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:13 am Is the functionality to be able to create custom circles ever going to be a feature? and if so, WHEN is this feature slated to be fulfilled? Just curious, as a current YW president, I need the ability to have a YM/YW Presidency circle, Priest and oldest YW Class circle, Ages 14 - 18 circle, youth committee circle,. etc.
No, Never in a Million Years, it'll never happen.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
CBailey04

Post by CBailey04 »

Is there a way to post an attachment on the circles app? Like a newsletter?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

CBailey04 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 pm Is there a way to post an attachment on the circles app? Like a newsletter?
Not currently.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

jdlessley wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 2:07 pm
CBailey04 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:26 pm Is there a way to post an attachment on the circles app? Like a newsletter?
Not currently.
I haven't used Circles much in Gospel Living, but I think it's possible to attach an image to a message. You could try converting your newsletter to a PNG or JPG image and posting it. Or, you could put the newsletter online (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and post it to the Circle as a link. (If you put the newsletter online where it can be accessed by anyone, make sure it doesn't have sensitive information like names and photos of children and youth, or members' ages.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

@CBailey04: You can post an image as a post in circle (and gifs, etc). However, I don't think a newsletter would be a viable option. It wouldn't likely be readable unless you tapped on it to open as a pic on your phone and zoomed in. Then you would be sliding the zoomed-in section around to read the text. I don't know about anyone else, but if one were sent to me this way, I might try it...once.

"Attaching a document" to a circle might be something to provide as feedback from within the app if that is an important feature (just understand that features promised a year or two ago still are not available so a high level of patience is advised). We don't know what the priorities are that are assigned to the small development group and we are not their customers - the department that sponsors the app (and receives the feedback) is their customer.
rpetty

Post by rpetty »

+1 for admin enhancement. We really need to be able to communicate with the Stake YM Presidency for activities/planning and Stake Youth Committee.

Return to “Gospel Living App”