"Send a Message" Function on LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jgoggan

Re: "Send a Message" Function on LCR

Post by jgoggan »

I haven't read everything in this thread, so maybe this has already been mentioned, but I just noticed this new setting under my Church Account Settings (under "Email Subscriptions"):

Code: Select all

☑ Local Leader Email
Email messages delivered using Church systems that were sent by your local leaders.
Basically, there appears to now be an option to opt out of those messages we have been discussing here.

However, I don't think it is currently actually implemented for two reasons:
  1. It seems to default to UNCHECKED for the accounts that I had people check it on -- including my own.
  2. Even though it is unchecked, I got one this morning, so it does not appear to matter that it is unchecked currently.
But it looks like the option is coming soon...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is good news. I think long-term, this will make email delivery more reliable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jgoggan wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:42 pm ...

But it looks like the option is coming soon...
(Just a personal opinion...)

Now, if only there was an option to disable sending of all the messages that are of no significance and are irrelevant to me but keep sending the meaningful messages that I do care about. 3/4 :-)
jkshifflet

Post by jkshifflet »

We send a weekly stake email to approximately 2700 recipients. Up until last week the email had not been reaching Yahoo, AOL, etc... but had been reaching those with Gmail accounts. Most of the Stake is using Gmail. We take care to send the email on off-peak hours but, as of last week, it appears that most of our Stake did not receive the email. The concern is that we have now appear to have lost our ability to communicate to our Stake members almost entirely.

Have others noticed this further reduction in functionality?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jkshifflet wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:30 pm We send a weekly stake email to approximately 2700 recipients. Up until last week the email had not been reaching Yahoo, AOL, etc... but had been reaching those with Gmail accounts. Most of the Stake is using Gmail. We take care to send the email on off-peak hours but, as of last week, it appears that most of our Stake did not receive the email. The concern is that we have now appear to have lost our ability to communicate to our Stake members almost entirely.

Have others noticed this further reduction in functionality?
I send out a weekly newsletter to about 300 ward members. The gmail addresses are still getting it, but the 50+ AOL and Yahoo still do not, so I created a separate list of these individuals in Tools and send a copy of the newsletter to this list
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jkshifflet wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:30 pm but, as of last week, it appears that most of our Stake did not receive the email.
You might want to have members check their subscription options. The Church added an option to receive emails from local leaders. When I looked at mine, it defaulted to "off". But I may have jumped in before the work was complete.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

russellhltn wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:12 pm
jkshifflet wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:30 pm but, as of last week, it appears that most of our Stake did not receive the email.
You might want to have members check their subscription options. The Church added an option to receive emails from local leaders. When I looked at mine, it defaulted to "off". But I may have jumped in before the work was complete.
A few members, including me, had all our email subscription options unsolicitedly turned off. It would be a good idea to check with the members in your wards to make sure that that didn't happen to them.
Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

Did anyone send a message via Send a Message today and it not be delivered? I sent a message to the ward today, but it looks like it wasn't actually sent and it's been about 12 hours since I sent it. Not sure if this is a general issues or a personal issue.
dkarbuckle

Post by dkarbuckle »

Hilohi wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:43 pm Did anyone send a message via Send a Message today and it not be delivered? I sent a message to the ward today, but it looks like it wasn't actually sent and it's been about 12 hours since I sent it. Not sure if this is a general issues or a personal issue.
I sent one this afternoon to a group of 30 or so people, and no one received it and I didn't get the notification that the message was sent.
russjones

Post by russjones »

I had the same issue with sending a message to a group and I even tried just sending a test email to my account and didn't receive it. I also tried to go to the Church support site to submit a ticket but the site was not loading.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”