Member Tool Services Unavailable

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jinkt

Re: Member Tool Services Unavailable

Post by jinkt »

Last week my wife's member tools on iphone stopped working. She was forced to change her password and that is when the issues started.
Her church account works, lds tools and church accounts are linked.
Note that she has 2 factor authentication on, which we can't turn off (no option available) from being a seminary teacher in the past.
steps taken so far -
1. under 2 factor auth added text (she was only biometrics before)
2. I've uninstalled and deleted, reinstalled lds tools app
3. restarted and login / password (same account as I'm using here, so I know it works)
4. 2 factor auth comes up, get a text - enter code
5. starts to synch then fails about 6 seconds in and says "Member tools unavailable"
6. tried at various times (thursday morning at 11:30am)
7. went to my iphone (bishop/husband) - uninstalled and deleted lds tools app, reinstalled, logged in - and it synched just fine.

Not sure what else to do.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Hi jinkt.

The iPhone problem and the app' trouble may be linked, or not.

Re 2FA - A quick web search indicates that after 2fa is established on iPhone 10, 11, or 12 there is only a 2 week window to disable it. And disabling 2fa may need to be accomplished from your Apple web account. Updating your web account (not sure what this would be) may restart the 2 week 2fa options window. Personally, I would try reaching out to Apple support or a Genius Bar (if that's what they're still called) for help or perspective. Well qualified geek friends who use Apple devices might be able to help as well.

A nuclear option, that may or may not help, would be re-initializing the iPhone (backing up the device to the cloud first, of course). This process can also be time consuming and/or problematic.

Regarding the Tools app' - Were you able to figure out how to clear the app's temporary storage (for Android it's app Cache)? If clearing cache didn't work, were you able to clear the app's critical storage (for Android it's app Storage)? Uninstalling and reinstalling app's may not clear these bits of file/data storage, at least in part because the operating system prefers to minimize effort when reinstalling and re-establishing app's. Residual files/data that are corrupt may prevent app' symptoms from changing or resolving.
dirkbj

Post by dirkbj »

jpjones~ogr wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:45 am Hello ! and Welcome to the Forum !

Currently, Church servers (that support Tools app' functions and features) may be operating poorly or undergoing maintenance. For maybe 10 days I've been unsuccessful in completing a unit expense record, and yesterday the glitch seemed to have worsened. If this guess is somewhat accurate I recommend trying to login to Tools once a day for maybe a week or two, and if you're still unsuccessful then reach out to Global Services. Or you could reach out to to them right away, and if they're not aware of a related problem then reporting symptoms should trigger repair efforts.
Hello. I still cannot get in. How do I reach out to Global Services?

Thanks.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Your local clerk can provide you with the contact number and hours for Church support in your area.
hdavidfrey

Post by hdavidfrey »

I'm in the same boat. I get the "Member Tools Services are unavailable" and I've been getting the same error now for the last 5 or so months! I've deleted the app, reinstalled it, changed password and done everything I know how to do. Still, no joy. And in my calling, I need to use the app frequently while I'm out driving around.
karencanderson

Post by karencanderson »

I am still having trouble getting into tools. I Uninstalled my app re did it and still won't let me in. Anything else i can do?
Thanks
Karen
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Anything else i can do?
See this post, two comments before yours:
Your local clerk can provide you with the contact number and hours for Church support in your area.
christopheryoung

Post by christopheryoung »

karencanderson wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:58 pm I am still having trouble getting into tools. I Uninstalled my app re did it and still won't let me in. Anything else i can do?
Thanks
Karen
I'm having the exact same issue
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

A possible solution may be found in a similar topic here.
brudd

Post by brudd »

Has this been resolved or is member IT assistance non-existent?

Return to “Member Tools”