Choppy Audio on Zoom via HDMI output and capture card

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
Robertjdavies

Re: Choppy Audio on Zoom via HDMI output and capture card

Post by Robertjdavies »

russellhltn wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:24 pm I see you've successfully plugged in a TV into a source that the capture card won't work with.

So it would appear the data is there, the card just isn't working with it.

If the camera outputs sound on the HDMI output, you could try plugging that into the capture card directly.
AFAIK, the camera doesn't output sound. That's being pulled from the chapel sound system into the AV cabinet. The only way I can think of the grab that would be to hijack the pulpit feed before it goes into the system and control everything from a mixer. I've done something like this before for another stake I was in, and its more complicated than I would like it to be.
A 3.5mm cable plugs that into either our PC's line-in or our capture card's stereo input jack and we get super clean audio from it. Unfortunately, it appears your EVGA XR1 lite doesn't have an audio-in port. If your notebook doesn't have a dual mic/line level jack, USB soundcards are dirt cheap, and for the most part, work pretty well.
There doesn't appear to be a 3.5mm out jack in the panel at the back of the chapel to grab the audio with. It appears that I'm stuck with the current setup I have.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Robertjdavies wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:38 pm There doesn't appear to be a 3.5mm out jack in the panel at the back of the chapel to grab the audio with. It appears that I'm stuck with the current setup I have.
If I read your original post correctly, you setup your webcast gear in the back of the chapel for stake conference, correct? I used to position myself halfway back in the cultural hall, but switched to the library where our equipment rack resides. Far more control over the ins and outs of things. From there, we used to get audio from the hearing assist transmitter (top device in our rack), but yesterday I discovered we're now using the 3.5mm plug that went to the old VidiU device.

BTW, we just finished our stake conference this morning where, because of a stake presidency reorganization, we had two visiting authorities and a bumper crop of attendees at the stake center and two overflow buildings. Overall, the webcasting (via YouTube Live) went very well using OBS on a mini Beelink "NUC"-style PC that we purchased last year.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
storyhub

Post by storyhub »

I know that the following works to capture video and audio for OBS Studio:
Computer: Lenovo ThinkCentre M910q Tiny Desktop (Black) - Intel Quad-Core i7-6700T 2.90GHz - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - Win 10 Pro
Video capture: AJA U-TAP HDMI ( connects to computer via USB 3.0 which supplies power and video capture) works for non-HDCP content (stripping HDCP is possible, but will not share how to do this)
Software for capture: OBS Studio 29.1.1
Zoom Audio settings: Audio profile > original sound for musicians > High fidelity music mode - selected
Audio profile > original sound for musicians > Echo cancellation - unselected
Audio profile > original sound for musicians > stereo audio - selected or unselected
Original sound for musicians: On (located in upper left corner of screen (must be selected any time a new session is started or anytime a microphone is changed)

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”