Member Tools not syncing or able to log in

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
christopheryoung

Member Tools not syncing or able to log in

Post by christopheryoung »

Over the past couple weeks, I've been unable to update/sync Tools manually or automatically on iPad running most recent version of Tools (v 4.8). iPad is running iOS 16.2.
On my iPhone, which is running iOS 16.1.2, I had the same problem with the update/sync never finishing, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I can no longer even log in to the app on my iPhone, and I receive the following errors:

"Member Tools Services are unavailable. Please try again later." below the popup/status message of "Updating... Household". Then I receive a message of
"Failed to update data". (see attached screenshots).

I am able to log in just fine to LCR and other ChurchofJesusChrist.org apps and sites. Is there something going on with Member Tools, or is this likely something specific with my account?

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
IMG_9945.PNG
IMG_9944.PNG
caillines

Re: Member Tools not syncing or able to log in

Post by caillines »

Try the instructions here and see if they fix your issue viewtopic.php?t=41703&start=40#p240289
mariamk

Post by mariamk »

My story sounds exactly the same. I have contacted help, but the suggestions they offer I have already tried. It is difficult to serve without Tools! I hope this issue can be resolved—soon.
christopheryoung

Post by christopheryoung »

caillines wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:26 pm Try the instructions here and see if they fix your issue viewtopic.php?t=41703&start=40#p240289
These instructions did not work for me. I tried on both devices with no different results unfortunately
bletham

Post by bletham »

I have exactly this same issue, and have for at least the last month (before that, there was a period of time in which I stayed logged in but sync would always fail).

* My password is more than 12 characters and alphanumeric.
* I have background app refresh enabled, and have tried toggling it after a new install.
* I have reinstalled tools at least a dozen times and have even reinstalled library, in case there was something shared between the apps causing trouble.

Anything else I should be trying? Thanks!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”