New Payment Request and Bishop's approval

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

New Payment Request and Bishop's approval

Post by brown67 »

Has anyone done a new payment request in LCR. What happens once a member makes a request? How is the Bishop's approval done? Our auditors check that each expense has an approval from the Bishop.
davesudweeks

Re: New Payment Request and Bishop's approval

Post by davesudweeks »

I imagine it would go in queue for 2 approvals just the same as when a clerk enters it and it goes in queue for 1 approval. The bishop can be one of the original two who approve the reimbursement or must approve separately if he is not.

This is just a hunch, though as I was released as ward clerk before the ability for members to submit their own expenses online when live.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

My Primary president just submitted an expense using this new feature. It appeared in the Payment Request queue on the Dashboard. When I clicked on Payment Request in the Dashboard, I could see everything she had entered. I reviewed and accepted her attachments, and verified the payee, budget category, reason, and amount. Then the expense went to the Approve Expenses bucket.

My only concern is what the auditor will say, because there is no explicit pre-approval of the expense by the bishop before the clerk and a counselor approve the expense for payment. I think the auditor will just have to accept the bishop's online approval, and not insist upon seeing a printed reimbursement request or pre-approval email from the bishop.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
wwoodford

Post by wwoodford »

During the last audit cycle (July-December 2019) expenses with on-line bishops approval were automatically answered as yes for that question

William Woodford
cchang

Post by cchang »

brown67 wrote:Has anyone done a new payment request in LCR. What happens once a member makes a request? How is the Bishop's approval done? Our auditors check that each expense has an approval from the Bishop.
Where are you seeing this new option for “new payment request” that any members can submit their own expense reimbursements? I could not find it in LCR.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Try the following link, it has details on how to access (and much more discussion!)
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=35644&hilit=payment+request
Birhanumolla

Post by Birhanumolla »

I WANT PYMENT APPROVAL FORM,HOW DO I DOWN LOAD IT?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The payment request feature, an electronic only web page, is found online in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR) in the Budget menu. Only organization presidencies, bishopric, and clerks have access to it. All others must submit payment requests using whatever system or forms the unit has developed. Speak with your unit clerk or organization presidency about how to submit a payment request to them.

The help center article Payment Request Instructions for Organization Leaders explains how to use the payment request feature.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ianjohn81

Post by ianjohn81 »

I want a Payment Approval Form..How can i download it?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

This is the same exact question that was asked previously. Did you follow the response from @jdlessley?

If that response did not address your situation, please be more specific about what you are looking for that your local clerk cannot provide.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”