Ward Boundaries in Meetinghouse Locator

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
danielminnich

Ward Boundaries in Meetinghouse Locator

Post by danielminnich »

I used to be able to see ward boundaries in Meetinghouse Locator but not anymore. What's up with this? First, Classic Maps gets taken away and we were told to use meetinghouse locator and now we can only see ward names and not boundaries anymore in Meetinghouse Locator? Why?
BrianEdwards

Re: Ward Boundaries in Meetinghouse Locator

Post by BrianEdwards »

My impression is that the Church has intentionally made the decision to remove the boundaries from the public maps, but (as usual) has not provided details as to why. At least for now (03/03/23!), leaders with access to CDOL can still access boundary maps for wards and stakes, so if there's a specific need your local clerk may be able to help out. I also really liked Classic Maps and miss everything you could do with it.
darcher

Post by darcher »

I acknowledge that everything posted in this forum is important to someone. The forum is great for this!!
It would be so much more uplifting if we could all refrain from (even subtle or subliminal - e. g., parenthetical) derogatory remarks - even if they might be unintentional.
Those who administer church resources are real people with families, testimonies, and feelings. Let's behave accordingly.
Thank you for your understanding.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

My impression is that the Church has intentionally made the decision to remove the boundaries from the public maps, but (as usual) has not provided details as to why
It would be so much more uplifting if we could all refrain from (even subtle or subliminal - e. g., parenthetical) derogatory remarks - even if they might be unintentional
If the above is what you were referring to, I'm sorry if you interpreted that as a parenthetical derogatory remark. It's simply a statement of fact that the church generally does not provide details for these types of decisions. Many newer Forum members are not aware of that, and thus ask questions like the OP about "What's up with that?", and "Why?". Hence the parenthetical addition to clarify that this is standard, and not unique to this particular situation.

Much of what is written in forum posts, as with all emails or texts, lacks the personal aspect, and one can read the same sentence and attribute completely different interpretations based on how you read it (voice inflections, emphasis, etc). I do agree that care should be taken with what is posted, and also feel that care should be taken in how posts are interpreted.
mcgregor

Post by mcgregor »

Salt Lake Ensign Stake and Ward boundaries
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mcgregor wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:45 pm Salt Lake Ensign Stake and Ward boundaries
Did you intend to post this?
dxrmccom

Post by dxrmccom »

Freedom park ward
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dxrmccom wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:38 pm Freedom park ward
https://maps.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdero

Post by jdero »

You can use the LDS tools app and place a pin- and then click “view assigned wards” and it will tell you what ward you’d be assigned to
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdero wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:05 am You can use the LDS tools app and place a pin- and then click “view assigned wards” and it will tell you what ward you’d be assigned to
I presume you are talking about the place a pin option in the Meetinghouses feature in Member Tools. It takes a bit of manipulation to get to the desired location, especially if it is far from your current location, but functional. At quicker option, if you have the address, is to use the search function in the Meetinghouses feature.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”