Sending Missionary Application Back to Ward (From Stake) to Complete

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
david.takapu

Sending Missionary Application Back to Ward (From Stake) to Complete

Post by david.takapu »

Hello,

Our stake has 14 units, over 4500 members. With this large stake, we frequently have a lot of young adults who go out on missions. Many of these prospective missionaries' applications get submitted to the stake without the medical and dental exam support uploaded to the application, and the applicant's medical/dental data has not been keyed into the system. Consequently, the responsibility to enter this information on the prospective missionary's application falls on the stake executive secretary.

We've asked bishops to upload this information, but by the time the application gets to the stake, the bishops say they no longer have access to make changes to the application. The bishops have a lot on their plate, so I would prefer not to have the bishops do this. Ideally, we want the missionary to complete this part of the application, so that it doesn't fall on the bishops (as they have a lot already on their plates) and the stake executive secretary (as this quickly becomes very time consuming to process all of the prospective missionaries' medical/dental info). Is there a way to push the application back to the missionary and have him/her upload his/her medical/dental support as well as key in the required medical/dental history, so that the bishops and/or stake executive secretary is not doing this?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Sending Missionary Application Back to Ward (From Stake) to Complete

Post by lajackson »

david.takapu wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:55 pm Is there a way to push the application back to the missionary and have him/her upload his/her medical/dental support as well as key in the required medical/dental history, so that the bishops and/or stake executive secretary is not doing this?
It has been quite a while, but when I was doing this:

The stake could not push the application back to the ward once the ward had sent it.

The stake was responsible for adding the medical/dental history.

I imagine that things have changed since then, but those were the parameters when I was in the missionary application business.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”