Ward Website access errors

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
jeromer7

It's Back Again

Post by jeromer7 »

LUWS is alive and well, again.
JLR
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

JLRose wrote:LUWS is alive and well, again.
The websites are down again this morning. If this scheduled maintenance, please let us know so that we know to not plan on using the websites on Tuesday mornings. And, so that we know when the websites will be available. This is the fourth Tuesday morning, in as many weeks that the websites are down.

Thanks,
Dennis
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

dmaynes wrote:The websites are down again this morning. If this scheduled maintenance, please let us know so that we know to not plan on using the websites on Tuesday mornings. And, so that we know when the websites will be available. This is the fourth Tuesday morning, in as many weeks that the websites are down.

Thanks,
Dennis
Hey Dennis, I know you mentioned that the ward websites seem to be down every Tuesday morning. Does this also occur with the home page of LDS.org? That's down right now too. Maybe they are working on switching over to LDS Account.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

AileneRHerrick wrote:Hey Dennis, I know you mentioned that the ward websites seem to be down every Tuesday morning. Does this also occur with the home page of LDS.org? That's down right now too. Maybe they are working on switching over to LDS Account.
No. I rarely see LDS.org being down. It was operating earlier when I first noticed that the LUWS were down. I don't know about the switch over to LDS Account, but I suppose it may be possible this is the reason that LDS.org is down.
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

dmaynes wrote:No. I rarely see LDS.org being down. It was operating earlier when I first noticed that the LUWS were down. I don't know about the switch over to LDS Account, but I suppose it may be possible this is the reason that LDS.org is down.
They must have performed a server reset. LDS.org is now up.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

dmaynes wrote:They must have performed a server reset. LDS.org is now up.
One of us must be seeing a cached version of the page, because it's still down over here! Oh well, this too shall pass... :)
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

AileneRHerrick wrote:One of us must be seeing a cached version of the page, because it's still down over here! Oh well, this too shall pass... :)
The server replies to the ping command:
Pinging lds.org [216.49.176.33] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 216.49.176.33: bytes=32 time=81ms TTL=240
Reply from 216.49.176.33: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=240

Ping statistics for 216.49.176.33:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 80ms, Maximum = 81ms, Average = 80ms
But, it does not display pages that I have not visited recently. The browser that I am using Firefox 3.0.6 is just stuck waiting for the page to come up. This seems like very odd behavior. It finally displayed, but there is something wrong with the style sheets or the frames. (I don't know enough about the design of LDS.org to know what is wrong.)

The webserver appears to have some problem and to be partially working.

Thanks,
Dennis
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

dmaynes wrote:The websites are down again this morning. If this scheduled maintenance, please let us know so that we know to not plan on using the websites on Tuesday mornings. And, so that we know when the websites will be available. This is the fourth Tuesday morning, in as many weeks that the websites are down.
It's good to see that the LUWS is now back on line. Unfortunately, I won't be able to complete my maintenance tasks until this evening.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”