RMC electronic key system offline

For things that just don't fit anywhere else.
yhowardyang

RMC electronic key system offline

Post by yhowardyang »

Hi My building's electronic key system is managed by a RMC server.

The device link been showing as 'offline' for 2 days. Anyone know what's the issue and where I can get help? see screen shot attached.

Thanks,
Howard
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-06 194346.jpg
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: RMC electronic key system offline

Post by russellhltn »

192.168.108.x is a range assigned to "public". Nothing outside of the stake center is going to be able to access it. I'd expect the device to either be IOT or Facility. Both are 10.x.x.x range devices.

It's possible someone moved it to a different VLAN and software needs to be updated so everything finds itself again.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mdigi

Post by mdigi »

Disclaimer: I don't have any experience with the RMC system.

In addition to the possible IP network change mentioned above, I also find it interesting that device is not setup to use httpS (port 443).
The tool appears to have a "Link" under the "Secure" column so I would think they would be utilizing https (vs. http), especially for a system intended for an electronic key control.
RyanGard1977

Post by RyanGard1977 »

In some buildings that are getting new sound system upgrades, because some of the system components utilize IP addresses, the IP range (10.x.xx.xwhatever) are being deleted and a new range assigned. We had that happen recently at one of the meetinghouses I do repairs at and I had to work with a tech to re-program the Linear key fob system and assign it a new IP address to access it for programming. We have a dedicated network cable tied into a separate switch on the facility zone on the meraki system that can be used to log into the stuff there in the building for programming. We generally run a dedicated line for that into one of the clerk's offices or stake clerk's office, if at a stake center.
Ryan Gardner
RyanGard1977

Post by RyanGard1977 »

Also- If your building utilizes a Honeywell Niagra FOB system, most of those that were installed years ago are now obsolete and are no longer supported and most folks can no longer log into them. They have to be replaced. Many church FMs didn't realize that until recently that the Niagra based systems are no longer supported by Honeywell so it has caused quite the headache as many of the older Honeywell HVAC stuff ran on the Niagra system as well (Webstat)
Ryan Gardner

Return to “Other Meetinghouse Technologies”