Larix Broadcaster (Webcast from a cell phone)

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
ulupoi

Re: Larix Broadcaster (Webcast from a cell phone)

Post by ulupoi »

I think that everyone has been using Zoom since the Church made licenses available for every unit.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

ulupoi wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:19 pm I think that everyone has been using Zoom since the Church made licenses available for every unit.
I know many stakes (including ours) that prefer YouTube Live for many reasons. Our preferred method is using Larix Broadcaster on a cellphone.

I'm looking into how to get all the Android mobile phones using Larix on the same Google account. From Larix:
https://softvelum.com/larix/premium/ wrote:Q1: Can I use the same subscription under different devices?

If you use the same account on multiple devices, you can use the one subscription to unlock Premium or NDI subscription on each of them. If you use the same Apple ID on several iPhones in your production setup, you will pay for only one subscription and use it on each of those devices. The same applies to your Google account and Android phones.

Current limit is 10 (ten) devices per one Apple ID or Google account.
My stake president would prefer to pay the $10/mo fee for the whole stake while we research other solutions. The SP may choose to keep the fee in place indefinitely, or until such time cameras are allowed to be permanently mounted in ward buildings.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ulupoi

Post by ulupoi »

You’re probably better off sending your Zoom feed to YouTube Live. It’s not something that I do, but people do it, and it doesn’t seem that hard. One of our wards streams their Zoom feed on Facebook Live. Here are some instructions for sending your Zoom feed to YouTube Live:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articl ... on-YouTube

To connect HDMI cameras to our computer for Zoom, we use an Elgato HD60 S+. The Elgato HD60 S+ has a UVC driver, which makes it compatible with Zoom because it makes it recognizable as a webcam. (The Elgato HD60 S is not compatible because it does not have a UVC driver, so be sure to look for that + sign if you want to buy one.) The HD60 S+ also has a line-in jack so you can connect it to the chapel’s line-out jack for optimal sound quality. (Be sure to turn on the “Original Sound” setting in Zoom for best audio quality. It makes a huge difference for music.)

How to switch between HDMI and analog audio sources for the Elgato HD60 S+ (Windows instructions):
Download and install “4K Capture Utility” from the Elgato website: https://www.elgato.com/en/downloads
Open 4K Capture Utility
Open Preferences (Gear icon in upper-right corner of screen)
Go to the Device tab
In the “Audio Input:” menu, select “Analog Audio.” (Select “HDMI Audio” to reverse this.)
Click Apply and then OK.
Close the 4K Capture Utility.
Stop Zoom video and restart it. (You might not get analog audio to start if you don’t do this.)
These instructions are from the following website. (You can find Mac instructions there, too.) https://help.elgato.com/hc/en-us/articl ... lit-SLOBS-

Of course, you can also just use your phone or tablet as your camera with the Zoom app and skip all the Elgato stuff.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:07 am I'm looking into how to get all the Android mobile phones using Larix on the same Google account.
Hopefully you can log into Larix, but I have a bad feeling that it's using the primary account for the phone, which makes it impractical for members to use their own phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:45 am
Mikerowaved wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:07 am I'm looking into how to get all the Android mobile phones using Larix on the same Google account.
Hopefully you can log into Larix, but I have a bad feeling that it's using the primary account for the phone, which makes it impractical for members to use their own phone.
The webcasting phones in my stake are inexpensive Galaxy A01 phones which are carrier-locked (which isn't a problem because they will never be activated). They are stake property, so putting them under the same account will be pretty easy. They might already be, I'll have to check.
justinmcclure

Post by justinmcclure »

I have been using my own phone. My bishop decided to pay for it for now but I am looking into an alternative. Will try Zoom out and see if our Ward has an account - I have never been given access if we do have one.
Last edited by justinmcclure on Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justinmcclure

Post by justinmcclure »

So I got the login after my Bishop tracked down the information.

I have been testing it some and there is an ugly Zoom watermark that cannot be removed when Livestreaming through Zoom.

Kind of annoying - that didn't exist when we were using Zoom during Covid.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

The Zoom watermark has always been there for us?
I just double checked by watching back one of the test recordings I made a couple of years ago.
I presumed that higher tier Zoom accounts may have an option to remove the watermark?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Wattsuk wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:31 am The Zoom watermark has always been there for us?
I just double checked by watching back one of the test recordings I made a couple of years ago.
I presumed that higher tier Zoom accounts may have an option to remove the watermark?
Yes, it has been there all along. There is a way to replace it, but the owner of our Enterprise accounts (i.e., the Church) has not taken the steps with Zoom to enable replacement.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”