Locations and rooms

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nrsoren1

Locations and rooms

Post by nrsoren1 »

I have been asked to work on the stake calendar system for our stake. According to the instructions, I should be able to access locations and rooms from the gear icon. That topic does not appear anywhere in the gear item menu. Can anybody tell me how to access and manage the locations and rooms?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Locations and rooms

Post by russellhltn »

That was a feature in Calendar 3.x. It hasn't been implemented in 4.0 yet. For now, you'll have to use the floating feedback tab to request changes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nrsoren1

Post by nrsoren1 »

So who can modify the rooms on the calendar. Currently it shows the entire cultural hall as a single room. The is a dividing curtain between the north and south halves of the room. We would like to be able to schedule both the north and south cultural hall as stand alone rooms. Is there any way to implement that?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Normally the stake administrator would have access, but as I explained, the controls to manage that are not part of the current calendar. You'll have to use the feedback tab.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nrsoren1

Post by nrsoren1 »

As a stake administrator, is there any way I can view calendars for all of the wards in the stake? Currently, I only see the stake calendars and my ward's calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nrsoren1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:45 pm As a stake administrator, is there any way I can view calendars for all of the wards in the stake? Currently, I only see the stake calendars and my ward's calendars.
Check under gear icon > Choose Calendars. Some members of the extended stake presidency can see (but not edit) other ward calendars. But I'm not sure if that applies to all stake admins.

You may find the most useful calendar is the location calendar which shows you the building's availability.

casper684

Post by casper684 »

nrsoren1 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:38 pm We would like to be able to schedule both the north and south cultural hall as stand alone rooms. Is there any way to implement that?
When you are able to do so (which we did a long time ago so no help there) we found it better to call room location either chapel side or stage side so as to avoid confusion. We just split it 1/2 in buildings where it was necessary.
1. Cultural Hall - Chapel Side
2. Cultural Hall - Stage Side

Return to “Calendar”