Annotation box below the verse for highlight without a note

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

GrasseDD

Annotation box below the verse for highlight without a note

Post by GrasseDD »

After updating to the most recent version, I noticed a lot more note boxes in my scriptures. Previously, a simple highlight didn't create a note box below the verse, and I took advantage of that to add lots of little highlights (especially to the superscripted footnote markers). Now, every simple highlight--even without a note--has an associated box below the verse. This, obviously, takes up a lot of room on the screen--sometimes I have to scroll down even to see the next verse.

Taking a closer look, I see that the note box appears for annotations that are assigned to a notebook. Removing the notebook assignment gets rid of the box below the verse. Unfortunately, I have thousands of markings without a note, and almost all of my annotations, including simple highlights, are assigned to a notebook.
Is there a way to get rid of the note box below the verse for a highlight without a note, while the highlight is assigned to a notebook (like it was before)?

Thanks,
D.G.
woodynate

Re: Annotation box below the verse for highlight without a note

Post by woodynate »

I would try clicking on the box at the top of your screen called "Show/Hide notes". I think they should do the trick.
comadsen

Post by comadsen »

I have the same problem. I used to be able to use my stylus to make highlights without it creating a note. Now, with the most recent update, every time I highlight, a new note is also created. It also double-assigns that note to whichever notebook I have currently set as my default (i.e., it lists the notebook twice on the note rather than just once).
Gwing58

Post by Gwing58 »

I have the same problem. All of sudden I have thousands of empty notes with only a notebook listed in the note box. I tried the recommendation to hide notes at the top of the page. It does remove the all the empty note boxes but it also hides the notes that I want to see. I have been re-highlighting / Underlining the text that was already highlighted or underlined than deleting the note box and the reference inside the note box to a note book. This removes the Note box and the duplicate highlight/underline. I like the ability to highlight and underline words in a scripture but I rarely attach a note to a word in a scripture. I attached it to the scripture. I am hoping there is an easier way to do this.

I have also notice that as I been doing this that a category called uncategorized under Folders/Notebooks grows one for one as I remove a note reference. ????

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”