How are Convert Membership Records created?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
BrainClay

How are Convert Membership Records created?

Post by BrainClay »

I believe that the process for creating a membership record for new converts has been streamlined, but I don't know the process. The Baptismal Recommend Form is now electronic as I understand it. With the paper form/process, the new record was dependent on the ward clerk getting a copy of the baptismal recommend and manually creating a new membership record. Does it still work that way? What else changed? For example, I believe the new member is mailed a letter containing their membership number so they can create a Church and FamilySearch account.

I'm trying to create a simple checklist for getting new converts to the temple within two months. I created one several years ago, but I think I need to make major updates to it...

Brian C. Palmer
Ward Mission Leader
Platter River Ward, Front Range Colorado stake.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How are Convert Membership Records created?

Post by russellhltn »

See General Handbook 18.8.3.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Re: How are Convert Membership Records created?

Post by zaneclark »

Here it is...
When a full-time missionary interviews a convert for baptism, he fills out the Baptism and Confirmation Record using the Area Book Planner (ABP) app. After the baptism and confirmation, the missionaries record the information in ABP and submit it to the ward clerk electronically. The ward clerk reviews the information in LCR and creates the membership record.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”