Understanding Family History Activity report

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Understanding Family History Activity report

Post by russellhltn »

mrichey001 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:46 pm What callings in LCR have access to the Family History Activity report? For example, should stake temple and family history consultants have access to this report? I do not see that calling listed on the LCR access table.
I'm not 100% sure of your answer, but from what I have heard elsewhere, I'd think the leadership over work for the dead have access. They're the ones in charge of correcting any unsatisfactory stats. It's not the stake temple and family history consultant's job to fix it, so they may not have access. Their job is to help those needing help. They have no authority nor are they responsible for members.

The leaders can certainly consult with the stake temple and family history consultants, but the leaders are the ones to take action.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
RukbaNitgar

Post by RukbaNitgar »

The YTD (Year-to-Date) in the Family History Activity report typically accumulates data for the entire year. So, if a convert completes temple work in March 2019, it will count for the entire year, not just that month.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrichey001 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:46 pm What callings in LCR have access to the Family History Activity report? For example, should stake temple and family history consultants have access to this report? I do not see that calling listed on the LCR access table.
In general, if a calling does not appear in the LCR Access Table, then that calling has no access at all to LCR. And yet, in this particular case, FamilySearch has an article that lists who can see the FHAR, and it specifically lists stake (but not ward) temple and family history consultants. See What callings can access the Family History Activity Report (FHAR)?.

I don't know why the LCR Access Table omits that calling. I would also note that I've seen reports that the generic Stake TFHC calling can see the FHAR, but the Stake TFHC-FamilySearch calling (used for FamilySearch Center directors) cannot.

Return to “Family History”