Lds Tools not working iPhone iOS 16.6.1

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
ernestmichaeltaylor

Lds Tools not working iPhone iOS 16.6.1

Post by ernestmichaeltaylor »

I am a clerk and the first thing I noticed was I was unable to see the stake directory but I was able to see all the wards. Then the week after that, last week I was not able to see the stake directory or my ward,but could see other wards. Today when I click on tools it will not open at all. My app background refresh is on ad I saw another fixed theirs that way . When I click on tools something happens, as the screen dims just got a second then goes back to normal but the app will not open.
caillines

Re: Lds Tools not working iPhone iOS 16.6.1

Post by caillines »

Which version of the tools app are you using, and when was the last time you did a sync or data refresh?
ernestmichaeltaylor

Re: Lds Tools not working iPhone iOS 16.6.1

Post by ernestmichaeltaylor »

The tool was on auto update and has been updating. It had came to a point where it would not even open. My phone had gone through updates too during the time it started to fail and then after that I started loosing my ability week after week. First I lost the ability to see the stake directory but could see every where else in their wards then I list the ability to see my own ward about a week or two after that. My phone then on its second iOS update. Then a week or so after that I would click on tools and it just flashed once in the screen as if to open but didn’t as it never even got to the opening page before it would revert back to a normal screen. Happened instantly. I would click the button to open and my icons on my iOS device would dim just for an instant then ch one back to normal. I had no choice but to remove member tools. The solution for me was to just delete member tools and re-install.
Everything is back to working order again.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”