Patriarch Unable to Submit Patriarchal Blessing

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
JWhisenant

Patriarch Unable to Submit Patriarchal Blessing

Post by JWhisenant »

The Bishop issued recommends to 2 sisters for patriarchal blessings. Patriarch gave blessings to both sisters and was able to submit the blessing for one but unable to submit the blessing for the other sister, supposedly because her recommend had expired. What can we do to allow the patriarch to submit the blessing?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarch Unable to Submit Patriarchal Blessing

Post by russellhltn »

I would call Support.

But it's possible the fix would be to have the bishop issue a new recommend.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianEdwards

Re: Patriarch Unable to Submit Patriarchal Blessing

Post by BrianEdwards »

If the blessing truly expired, the Bishop should have previously received a number of "Recommend past warning period" emails alerting him to this upcoming action. I do not know offhand if either the member or the patriarch also receives similar emails, but it seems the Church does push out notices (at least to the Bishop) of the pending expiration.

My messages state that a patriarchal blessing recommend expires after 90 days, and that the email notifications begin after 45 days. So if this sister received her blessing after 90 days from receiving the recommend, then restarting the process as suggested, may be the only option to allow the Patriarch to submit the blessing. But perhaps Support can re-open access to that blessing recommend in the system, worth a shot for sure.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”