Ordering Tithing Envelopes

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
rjscorpion

Ordering Tithing Envelopes

Post by rjscorpion »

Good morning
I am the ward clerk for the pomerene Arizona Ward. How do we order new tithing envelopes for a bishopric change? If you have to forward please do so.
Brother Johnson
Last edited by russellhltn on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal contact information removed - this is a public forum
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ordering Tithing Envelopes

Post by jdlessley »

Online Store > Units and Callings > Wards, Branches, Stakes, and Districts > Donations Envelopes and Stationery > Donation Envelope, Personalized
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

On a related subject, you will also need to order letter envelopes with windows and without windows.
And don't forget to print, sign, and upload the new signature card!
And remove the outgoing bishopric's MLS accounts if they are no longer needed.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
deecamp

Post by deecamp »

Tithing envelope for bishop Thomas Graham
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

deecamp wrote:Tithing envelope for bishop Thomas Graham
Please use the established ordering mechanisms. This is a user-to-user discussion forum. Nobody here can log an order for envelopes.
opee

Post by opee »

FYI, tithing envelopes no longer come pre-printed with the Bishop's address. They are blank envelopes that you order. If you want to print on the envelopes (instead of using printing labels), I have created a template that could be used for a "4x6" (essentially) the size of the envelopes. The placement is pretty close to the "old" pre-printed envelopes.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AhDjIaCVoBDzhYgrSaoJJhTX9J-jLQ
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Another option that might be worth considering is a personalized address stamp. I have used such a stamp for personal return addresses for about 18 years. For the primary address on tithing envelopes for a ward, a stamp would likely wear out in less time than that.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Another option that might be worth considering is a personalized address stamp
I remember exactly that being the process used when I was growing up, before donation envelopes with pre-printed addresses became a thing. Bishop had a stamp, and the Ward had its own stamp. And the Bishop would put his son to work stamping all the individual blank envelopes (which may or may not be a personal memory... ;) )
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I remember (not too long ago) when the church frowned on printing labels for the tithing envelopes and just instructed us to toss the box(es) and order new ones when a new bishop was called. We had stacks and stacks of tithing slips because they didn't have to be thrown out with a bishop change. I'm glad someone in SLC has finally realized how much waste that creates... Especially now (with online donations) that that first standard box of envelopes will probably last longer than the bishop serves.
snoyce

Post by snoyce »

Ordering new envelopes and wondered if I was reading it right: donation slips come in a box of 225 (i.e. add "1" to cart), but I have to specify exactly how many envelopes I want (i.e. add "225" to cart)? The dollar amounts make sense, but I want to make sure I'm not ordering hundreds of boxes of envelopes.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”