What audio processor are you using?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
devinbost

What audio processor are you using?

Post by devinbost »

Our building is running on an Ivie iflex 1280, and I'd love to have a module with a built in compressor so that quiet speakers and loud speakers would have more equal volume levels.
Has anyone found a better solution there?

What equipment are you guys running for your DSPs?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: What audio processor are you using?

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as it matters as it's all under the control of the sound system contractor. FM wouldn't be happy if we start messing with it.

That said, I wouldn't mind a limiter to put a cap on the loud talkers. The faint ones are going to be limited by feedback anyway.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
CalS201

Re: What audio processor are you using?

Post by CalS201 »

During installation, the Ivie 1280 is configured with ALC on the pulpit mic input. ALC “may” also be applied to other inputs. EQ is applied to the chapel output as well as the cultural hall output.

The install instructions talk about ALC and EQ beginning on page 13. See attachment.
https://www.ivie.com/download/iFlex1280_Setup_1.8a.pdf

If you are concerned about levels for streaming I suggest you have someone speak normally at the pulpit and adjust the streams audio gain higher. Using a free peak reading meter from www.orban.com that is monitoring the stream at the receiving end, you can adjust gain higher until the meter reads very close to dbFS. If you follow this process, the spoken volume level will be as loud as possible with a minimal amount of variation between a loud and soft speaker. Choirs and musical instruments will also sound ok.

We connect the chapel “record output” directly to our camera and set the camera’s audio gain using this procedure ONCE. We do not need to make “on the fly” adjustments EVER !!

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”