Issues with new Zoom -> meet.churchofjesuschrist.org

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
iamjakejones

Re: Issues with new Zoom -> meet.churchofjesuschrist.org

Post by iamjakejones »

joeneuman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:07 am It came from our budget. $300 for ATEM, $80 for monitor, $320 for Camera, and another $200 for hardware. I think we are going to add a Raspberry Pie with the Zoom web app.
Is there any way to get a more detailed description of your set up?
R0BT

Post by R0BT »

I’m a STS. We have 3 wards meet at the stake centre that use the stake zoom account. Start @9am done @1pm. Many shut ins watch all 3 meetings. We use OBS to pause for sacrament message and use the mute on zoom to stop audio from going out.
Ward members can only see their ward events and any stake events that get published. This is why we use the stake zoom account.

When creating a zoom webinar…the event is not published at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/med ... s?lang=eng until it is published at meet.churchofjesuschrist.org

If after creating the zoom webinar and one edits the event e.g. change the time or extend the number of events…any changes you make WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. In other words only the original zoom webinar will publish for the original time and the number of weeks it was originally scheduled for. Hope this helps in understanding why some events can be published and why some can’t be.
simph1

Post by simph1 »

R0BT wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:46 pm I’m a STS. We have 3 wards meet at the stake centre that use the stake zoom account. Start @9am done @1pm. Many shut ins watch all 3 meetings. We use OBS to pause for sacrament message and use the mute on zoom to stop audio from going out.
Ward members can only see their ward events and any stake events that get published. This is why we use the stake zoom account.

When creating a zoom webinar…the event is not published at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/med ... s?lang=eng until it is published at meet.churchofjesuschrist.org

If after creating the zoom webinar and one edits the event e.g. change the time or extend the number of events…any changes you make WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED. In other words only the original zoom webinar will publish for the original time and the number of weeks it was originally scheduled for. Hope this helps in understanding why some events can be published and why some can’t be.
Additionally:

1. If you give the hosts the host code instead of the credentials:

a) They cannot make any changes to the account or settings of the zoom.
b) It gives your stake far better security and protection from known issues that have been reported.
c) If you see a host messing around, you can sign in with the credentials and they automatically lose host instantly, and you are host.

Hope this helps. :)

Simon
westonm

Post by westonm »

Having used the new broadcast feature since in was introduced I have to say that I like it from most standpoints although I have to agree with the comments regarding the lack of capability to gather accurate statistics through Zoom alone.
The reason for this post is that I would like to suggest if possible for the broadcast to start between 3 to 5 minutes before the scheduled time so that viewers can see that that they are viewing correctly prior to the meeting. As it is you have to wait till the meeting starts before you sign in and enter your credentials.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”