Tools not working...

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
zaneclark

Tools not working...

Post by zaneclark »

2 different members approached me today with problems with Tools, and both had Android phones. It would not open for either of them. After doing the usual fix by deleting and reloading the app, it was still not working. Is their an ongoing Android Tools problem?
ashcroftgm

Re: Tools not working...

Post by ashcroftgm »

I've had the same problems with members in my ward - with both Android and iOS phones. It has been persistent - a months-long problem for many of them.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

It's a bit tricky from what I understand, to exactly determine cause-effect in these cases. If somebody has a Sunday issue with either LCR or Tools (or even Gospel Library), I'd chalk it up to the typical and recurring issues that many of us regularly encounter when the Church's systems become overloaded (or whatever the actual underlying issue is) on Sundays. Nobody is happy with that, but all we can do as local members is submit Feedback and have patience.

If users also have recurring issues during the week accessing Tools, then besides the uninstall-then-reinstall approach, a couple of other ideas come to mind. That includes trying to log onto their account using another person's Tools app on the other phone, which may or may be successful. Or having a member friend try logging onto the Tools app that is having issues, to see if they can do it or if they also have the same issues. Again, just trying to get a better understanding of whether it's the particular phone itself, or something related to the particular member's church account.
wardenw

Re: Member Tools app not working

Post by wardenw »

I have Android OS 6.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy 5 phone. Member Tools worked up until last week when it suddenly started giving me the following message : "Unfortunately, Member Tools has stopped"

I have uninstalled, re-installed, powered off/on several times, etc. Nothing seems to work - HELP!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure your OS and Google Play store is current. On your OS, Google Play may be updated in the same place as the OS rather than in the store itself.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”