Ministering not showing up?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
BrianEdwards

Re: Ministering not showing up?

Post by BrianEdwards »

The O.P. states that they tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, and I assumed the newer comment was also relating to that issue. Hence my response specific to the Tools app, even though the thread category is "Main Church Website => Directory". Sorry if I helped propagate a thread fork, I appreciate everything the mods do to try and keep discussion focused and thus beneficial to forum members.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yeah, it doesn't look like a fork at all. So I moved the whole thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mim1

Unable to view ward ministering assignments

Post by mim1 »

Up until recently I was able to see the ministering assignments for anyone in my ward. I am on the Compassionate Service team so this info is needed for my calling. I checked with the team leader and she cant see them anymore either. Can someone recommend what to do or who to call to get this fixed? Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to view ward ministering assignments

Post by russellhltn »

mim1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:56 pm Up until recently I was able to see the ministering assignments for anyone in my ward.
I've merged your question with an existing thread. Try "Refresh Data" in the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I can see the tab, with no data there (which is correct). If I go to my wife I see her ministering sisters and assignments. Currently I'm between callings, so no special privileges and use Android.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:24 am Do others see the same thing? Or do others see "Refresh Data" as a top-line option?
Same (on Android)
It looks as if it is part of the Temple Recommend section. I think it is at the right level, but needs go be moved to the Account area at the top or the Additional Info odds and ends section at the bottom.
caillines

Post by caillines »

Our Relief Society Assistant Service Coordinator has started seeing this issue. There is no longer the ministering "section" in the individual member page in Tools, but she can browse the long way through the ministering reports summary. Is the "section" going to come back in the individual member page? (It's there for me as stake exec sec).
A re-install didn't help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caillines wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:46 am Our Relief Society Assistant Service Coordinator has started seeing this issue.
I have the updated Android App. I can see it there for myself. I just have to select myself and scroll the blue heading all the way to the right to see "Ministering". (It's not super obvious the heading scrolls horizontally.)

She may have to make sure she's looking at an individual and not the household since sisters are assigned to individuals and brethren assigned to households.

I'd think it would work for leadership the same it works for individuals, but that's an assumption on my part.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:37 am I have the updated Android App. I can see it there for myself. I just have to select myself and scroll the blue heading all the way to the right to see "Ministering". (It's not super obvious the heading scrolls horizontally.)
Side swiping the page also moves the displayed content for the tabbed pages. To side scroll through the tabs using the page swipe method, swipe the page left. This will scroll right through the tabs, center the next tab, and select or set the focus to that tab and page contents on the screen. Side swiping the page to the right scrolls left through the tabs and tab pages.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
caillines

Post by caillines »

I've had another look at her phone (iPhone not android). Latest version of the app. She can see the view household and callings "tabs", and then it goes straight to "add to group" and "add to contacts".
So no viewing ministering info directly from the member "page", but she can still see it in the reports. She's happy that see the info in the "assigned sisters" report, but it's definitely a longer process for her.

Return to “Member Tools”