Calendar sync is 1-day off

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
level2k7

Calendar sync is 1-day off

Post by level2k7 »

Hi,

the calendar sync somehow is now one day off from the online version. So all-day events appear one day earlier than intended. E.g. a stake conference starts on Friday instead of Saturday. I checked with other stake presidency members; they see the same problem using iOS and Android devices. Any ideas, on how to fix this? Is this a known issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar sync is 1-day off

Post by russellhltn »

Is this for "all day" events? Does this only affect event that are on the other side of Daylight Savings change?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
level2k7

Post by level2k7 »

It affects all all-day events on both side of the daylight saving changes, which happens in Austria Oct 29th.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to verify the calendar event is set for the right time zone. Likewise, check the time zone under "Date Options" in the on-line calendar. If it's mis-set the same way, then it will appear OK on-line, but create a sync file based on that time zone that's interpreted by each device.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
caillines

Post by caillines »

It's showing up in Australia too. Same issue, shifted one day earlier. I think it's a fairly new bug though, as I don't think it used to be like this.
markbentham

Post by markbentham »

Same issue for us in Sweden.
Looking at the ics file that the sync url gives all day events start one day before the actual date.

Below is an example from a event
From the calendar website:
SharedScreenshot.jpg
From the ics file:
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20231027
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20231028
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:TRUE
X-MICROSOFT-MSNCALENDAR-ALLDAYEVENT:TRUE
SUMMARY:UM/UK-dag
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Be sure to send Feedback through one of the links at the website. That is the best way to get word to the developers that we still struggle with daylight saving time.
rjgout

Post by rjgout »

In The Netherlands we have the same problem. If you change an event to a set time, stake conference is not all day anyways, than it works fine. No idea what the fix should be besides that.
peparsons

Post by peparsons »

In the UK it's also a problem. I reported it and received a reply on 28th August:
"Thank you for reporting this issue. We have determined that the issue where all-day events do not sync properly to external calendars such as, Google Calendar, iCal, Caldendly, etc. is affecting most units and have reported it to the Calendar developers who are looking into possible solutions. We appreciate your patience as the developers identify and implement a solution."

For the UK, from 29th October when we revert to GMT, it's going to be "fixed", so they have until next March implement the real fix.
I think the problem might be that they've implemented all-day events as running from midnight to midnight, rather than having them as a special case with no time, just a day. But what do I know? :)
rjgout

Post by rjgout »

peparsons wrote:
> In the UK it's also a problem. I reported it and received a reply on 28th
> August:
> "Thank you for reporting this issue. We have determined that the issue
> where all-day events do not sync properly to external calendars such as,
> Google Calendar, iCal, Caldendly, etc. is affecting most units and have
> reported it to the Calendar developers who are looking into possible
> solutions. We appreciate your patience as the developers identify and
> implement a solution."
>
> For the UK, from 29th October when we revert to GMT, it's going to be
> "fixed", so they have until next March implement the real fix.
> I think the problem might be that they've implemented all-day events as
> running from midnight to midnight, rather than having them as a special
> case with no time, just a day. But what do I know? :)

Did you get a status update?

Return to “Calendar”