How long for Signature Card "blank" to update after new Bishopric?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jgoggan

How long for Signature Card "blank" to update after new Bishopric?

Post by jgoggan »

Our unit sustained a new Bishopric today. After this was updated (and approved) by the Stake in LCR, we tried to print a new Signature Card to update. The new "blank" form to be signed still contains the previous Bishopric. At first, I figured it might take a little bit to sync from LCR to the Finance side, but checking it now -- 12 hours later -- and it is still doing the same thing.

Note that, in LCR, all of the new callings are listed properly. It is only the Signature Card that still shows the old info.

Have tried forcing a refresh, using different browsers and so on, to make sure it isn't just a caching issue.

Any thoughts on how long this should take?
jgoggan

Re: How long for Signature Card "blank" to update after new Bishopric?

Post by jgoggan »

Just noticed something interesting... If I look at anything in LCR, everything shows the new Bishopric. Under individuals, it shows their proper new calling. Under Organizations, it shows the new people. If the Bishop logs into LCR, it shows "Bishop (Unit #)" in the calling selector. All looks good.

But, to test, the Bishop just logged into LUFAS and it immediately says "Bishopric First Counselor" (their OLD calling, not the new Bishop calling) at the top -- and denies them access.

So, there does appear to be a clear disconnect between LCR and the Financial side. We'll try it again tomorrow and see if it has sync'ed up...
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

It is normal for things of this nature to take 24 to 48 hours to completely update in all of the Church servers.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

We're at 26 hours now and no luck yet. I'll try it again tomorrow.

As a bonus, I clicked on the "Do you have feedback on this page?" link and it takes me immediately to a 404 Not Found. So, great stuff going on there! ;)
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I was confused by this as well - I don't think there is a way to print a blank form, that I could ever find. So what I did was cut/paste the form from the web page, put it into a doc and print it.... did the signatures and then uploaded the new document.

I asked the previous clerk and he remembered doing the same thing and I found his scanned pdf after looking for a bit.

So, just do a screen-grab of the blank form, paste it into a doc, print it and then sign, scan and upload and you'll be good!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Printing the blank form (i.e. with the names printed, but without any signatures) does seem to be problematic. The best discussion I've seen is found here: Upload new signature cards?. Once the new Bishopric has made it's way through the system(s), then those instructions should work to print the updated form without any signatures.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

johnshaw wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:56 pm I was confused by this as well - I don't think there is a way to print a blank form, that I could ever find. So what I did was cut/paste the form from the web page, put it into a doc and print it.... did the signatures and then uploaded the new document.
So, we're actually talking about two different things. There is a long thread here about difficulties printing the form. Basically, when you want to do the new form, there is a "Print" button that doesn't work. It just takes you back the old form. It has been like that for well over a year now. So, to print it, you don't use the Print button provided. Instead, you use the Print option built into the browser and that works. (Or you can copy and paste it into something else as you suggested.)

However, that is all about printing it AFTER it shows you the proper form. Before you get to that point, you can click the button to Update the form and it shows you a NEW form with all of the current Bishopric filled in -- with spots for them to sign. Again, you have to do some tricks to PRINT it, but it GENERATES it properly usually.

For me, it is not yet even generating that form for me yet. There is no proper info to print or copy/paste or anything else -- as it is all out of date.

Again, I confirmed this problem by going to LUFAS directly -- and even LUFAS still sees the old callings.

So, I'm sure, in time, it will finally sync up between LCR and Finance and then I'll be able to do the trick to print the new form to be signed.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

BrianEdwards wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:03 pm Printing the blank form (i.e. with the names printed, but without any signatures) does seem to be problematic. The best discussion I've seen is found here: Upload new signature cards?. Once the new Bishopric has made it's way through the system(s), then those instructions should work to print the updated form without any signatures.
Yes -- that is my plan. (Sorry, made a same-time post with your last one so I kinda said the same thing. Just wanted to make it clear that I agree with you. I just need to wait it out until the new info appears.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If it hasn't shown up after 48 hours, I'd call GSD.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jgoggan

Post by jgoggan »

I actually just called them. They told me it would take 4-6 days now. They told me to call if it hadn't shown up by SUNDAY. Sheesh.

Kinda makes it hard to get the new Bishopric able to sign things when it takes so long just to the Finance side to sync to the LCR side... :)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”