LCR Report for needed Consent Forms?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mcknowlton

LCR Report for needed Consent Forms?

Post by mcknowlton »

Is there a link in LCR to get a report to determine what consent forms are missing? For example - I'm doing a membership records audit and noted that some consent forms haven't been uploaded. Is there a way to find out how many membership records are missing uploaded consent forms (baptism, blessing, etc) in our Ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LCR Report for needed Consent Forms?

Post by russellhltn »

Does the audit give guidance as to what time period to check? Requiring forms is a fairly recent addition (last few years?) It hasn't always been that way. As a result, I'm sure there's several minors that don't have consent forms even if the ward always followed policy perfectly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garystroble

Post by garystroble »

Unless consent forms were uploaded from the date they were required in your area by the Church, the clerk would not have been able to complete the recording of the blessing or baptism. There have been no instructions ever to go backwards prior to the date consent forms were implemented to obtain same, nor would it make any sense since the need for them is prior to the blessing or baptism being entered into the system. On the other hand, if a blessing or baptism was not recorded, you may indeed need a consent form now since it is after the date they are required in Church IT systems.

I have not seen any reference to consent forms in the membership audit. Perhaps it does not pop up unless a baptism has not been recorded. There is no audit question about blessings.
mcknowlton

Post by mcknowlton »

There are several baptisms that took place after the requirement for the consent forms, as well as a few births. These were done before I was called. For example - new birth just prior to me being called > Record created without consent form > I noticed it by chance. Maybe I just don't worry about it then since there is no requirement in the REAL audit (I was doing my own)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mcknowlton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:56 pm For example - new birth just prior to me being called > Record created without consent form
Question, was a record created for the child (they appear on ward lists), or were they just added as a child on the parent(s) record (you only see it when looking at the parent's record)?

The two can seem the same, but they are very different.

Part of the reason I ask is how would the record have been created without a consent form?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Reports and Forms”