Doctrinal Mastery. Please fix.

elhermano

Doctrinal Mastery. Please fix.

Post by elhermano »

I love the Doctrinal Mastery app! It’s wonderful for helping me commit the seminary verses to memory.

However,
With the recent update the “My Content” feature quit working. That is my favorite feature!! Please fix. I love using the app to import some verses I have selected.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Doctrinal Mastery. Please fix.

Post by jdlessley »

elhermano wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:21 am With the recent update the “My Content” feature quit working. That is my favorite feature!! Please fix.
Your concern will not get to those who can look into the issue because the forum is primarily user-to-user discussion and self help. The best method to get the issue to those who can do something is through the in-app send feedback feature found in the Settings menu.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
elhermano

Post by elhermano »

I have used that mode of communication several times with no response. I am hoping that I can get through some way because that isn't working. I have commented on the app reviews and here. It seems like no one is following up on tickets for the app. It is very disappointing since the app is so awesome otherwise. I wish the appropriate channels actually work in the near future. It seems like this particular app is not a priority at this time. I hope some discussion will get some attention since sending in feedback is not being reviewed or responded to.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

elhermano wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:22 pm I hope some discussion will get some attention since sending in feedback is not being reviewed or responded to.
While discussing it here will enlighten those of us who are a part of this peer-to-peer forum, it will never get the information to the developers and decision makers. If it seems as if the appropriate feedback channels are not working, the only other method is to raise the issue with your bishop and stake president and have them take it to the area seventy who presides over your coordinating council.

That said, in my experience feedback is almost always considered, even though there is usually no response. Remember that the developers work for the decision makers, not us. Those decision makers decide what changes are made or not made, as the case may be.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

In this case, I'd think another option would be to go up the "CES chain-of-command". Seminary Teachers should have an S&I Coordinator (or whatever the current name might be, I'm not up-to-date), and that S&I Coordinator should be in contact with CES personnel. My previous experience was that S&I communication often resulted in better results for seminary-type issues. My hope would be that this approach might gain access to whatever feedback channel actually connects with the team in charge of the Doctrinal Mastery app.

As mentioned by the others, unfortunately I have not found the Tech Forum to be frequented by anybody connected to Seminary app development.
elhermano

Post by elhermano »

Thank you so much for your feedback. That is very helpful and gives me two great leads on how to proceed.

Return to “Mobile Applications”