Attendance in LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
matt020687

Re: Attendance in LDS Tools

Post by matt020687 »

My wife is experiencing this issue. Pixel 7 Android 14
Happy to help provide more info or try some things to troubleshoot. Please reach out and let me know.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For those experiencing the issue, please send in-app feedback at the Help > Send Feedback menu item.

Until the issue is fixed, try signing out and then sign back in. That will force a refresh of data and force the date to update.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
evansp

Post by evansp »

Church News today, Thursday 22 February 2024, announces attendance function in Member Tools for Sunday School. Not seeing the link for Gospel Doctrine. Is this a function that will be available only after the v5.0 release scheduled for March 2024?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

For those leaders having access before this announcement the path to recording attendance is Reports > Class and Quorum Attendance > Sunday School > Gospel Doctrine. I do not know how a teacher will access the attendance. It may be the same or even a truncated form of that path. Sometimes the news announcing a release has preceded the actual release. As you stated, a new release of Member Tools may be necessary to implement the added feature.

For those interested, the newsroom article is Now Teachers Can Take Class Attendance in Member Tools App. Also note the article states only adult leaders, secretaries, and teachers will have access to record attendance in Member Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This is an interesting development. I had speculated previously that the reason teachers couldn't see a list of their students was due to concern about privacy settings. (What happens if a member is set to "leadership only"? The responsibilities outlined in the Handbook seem to fall short of calling them "leaders" for legal purposes.)

I guess that got ironed out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”