Why is my nonmember husband listed first?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
terriepetree

Why is my nonmember husband listed first?

Post by terriepetree »

I retained my maiden name when I married my nonmember husband. It is my last name that our children appear under in member tools. Why is my husband listed before me or my baptized children? It makes no sense and feels unnecessarily patriarchal.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Why is my nonmember husband listed first?

Post by russellhltn »

This is primarily a user to user support forum. We don't have the power to recommend those kinds of changes. That would be something best taken up with your bishop to see if he will pass it along to his presiding authority.

The only option I'm aware of is your ward clerk can contact GSD and have your non-member husband removed from the directory listing. However, that will make you look like a single mother.

But there's something to be said for consistent name order. Some name are not gender-obvious, especially foreign ones. Having a consistent order helps to know which one is the wife.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”