Class and Quorum Attendance Risk List

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jaymccarthy

Class and Quorum Attendance Risk List

Post by jaymccarthy »

Howdy everyone,

I'm trying to build a report on top of the 'Class and Quorum Attendance' data. I'm not sure exactly what criteria I want to use, but something like "Members that attended classes X% of the last year, but only Y% in the last two months"---basically people that have had some change in attendance. I feel like this would be an easy thing to experiment with if I could get a CSV export of the data. When I printed the data to PDF and extracted the text, the per-day labels are not text, so simple scrapping is out. Does anyone know if there is a good way to get this kind of data in a more analyzable format?

Thank you so much!

Jay
davesudweeks

Re: Class and Quorum Attendance Risk List

Post by davesudweeks »

You will not be able to get a CSV export of the data. The church removed that ability a few years ago. If I was still a clerk and was asked for this report, I would ask the requester to show me how to get it since the church has removed the ability to readily get to the data. If this is an important metric for your stake president, he could bring it up in his Coordinating Council and ask leadership to add this kind of report to the developer's priorities.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Keep in mind that because most months only have 4 Sundays, attendance is going to be 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%. Not much to finesse and a single "off" week would make a big difference. I'm thinking this attempt might trigger too many false alerts and a "big brother" feel to those approached.

Way back in the days of paper reports, we were to report on how many hadn't attended at all and how many were new to the list. Is that still supported? While only numbers were requested, the person doing the stats would be aware of the names.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I don't see why such a report is necessary. The leaders at the unit level all have access to view the class and quorum attendance for their responsibilities that show quite clearly who is and who is not attending and how often in a format that is easy to see trends and comparatives with members of the same class or quorum. Creating such a report is just busywork that is not justified and wastes the report preparer's time. I would refer the person requesting the report to view the attendance in the Class and Quorum Attendance report. If they do not have access then they have no business asking for such information.

Leaders at the stake level should not be involved in such minute detail of information since it is overreach of their responsibilities.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

What the O.P. seems to describe is kind of a "top-down approach", where somebody at a (ward?) leadership level could assess trends and identify potential individuals needing attention. I think the Handbook provides a more "bottom-up" approach, where teachers are the first-responders and data-providers. For example, GHB 13.2.3 states that SS Teachers should get to know class members, including those not attending. And then as they identify individuals requiring attention, this goes upstream from there.

Obviously that's the ideal, but it seems much like how individual ministering efforts should ideally bubble-up issues to the ministering district leader, who then shares with the RS/EQ President, who then shares with the Branch Council. So if I had a concern about SS attendance trends, I might start with working with the SS Teachers.
jaymccarthy

Post by jaymccarthy »

Thank you all for your help!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”