Accessing missionary emails after mission

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
WMD85

Accessing missionary emails after mission

Post by WMD85 »

I returned from my mission about a year and a half ago and just today I was looking through pictures from my mission, but it seems like about a fourth of them were missing. I'm pretty sure I backed up photos to google drive throughout my mission, but I can't seem to access the email account from my mission anymore. Does that account get deleted after returning home, or is it still possible to access it somehow?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Accessing missionary emails after mission

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest reading this thread and acting without delay.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tonumaipeaal

Post by tonumaipeaal »

I returned from my mission about four years ago and just today Ii needed something very important that i am certain it is in my missionary email. Does that account get deleted after returning home, or is it still possible to access it somehow?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Please follow the link in the thread immediately above yours. If I gather correctly from that thread, there may be an 18-month window before messages are deleted.
miyelponce25

Post by miyelponce25 »

Good evening, I would like to be able to recover my photos from the mission that I could not backup, I have 3 months to return from the mission, could you help me?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

miyelponce25 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:34 pm Good evening, I would like to be able to recover my photos from the mission that I could not backup, I have 3 months to return from the mission, could you help me?
Quoting a post a few posts ago:
russellhltn wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:05 pm I'd suggest reading this thread and acting without delay.
In your case, if you have 3 months left on your mission, you have more time than the person to whom russellhltn's post was directed. There's at least one post from a Church employee in the above-linked thread that describes the time limits.

Return to “General Discussions”