Temple Recommend Expiration Reminder

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
joshbingham

Temple Recommend Expiration Reminder

Post by joshbingham »

Friends,

2 quick questions:

1. I found in the Members Tools app where members can turn on the "Temple Recommend Reminder" function to get a notice when their recommend is nearing expiration. Before the member could choose the amount of time for the reminder, but now the system simply gives you the choice to turn this feature on or off. My question is: Does anyone know how many notifications this feature gives and how many weeks/months before the expiration does each reminder happen?

2. Is there a place to turn on this feature on the official website, once a member logs into their account. I've searched all over and can't find it.

Thanks my friends,

-Josh (Ward Clerk)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Temple Recommend Expiration Reminder

Post by lajackson »

joshbingham wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 am 1. I found in the Members Tools app . . .
2. Is there a place to turn on this feature on the official website,
1. The last time it worked for me I got a reminder in the month prior to my recommend expiration that the recommend would expire in the following month. I do not know if there would have been a followup reminder in the actual expiration month.

2. Since the feature is only available in the app, I do not believe it can be turned on at the website. It has to be turned on in the app.
joshbingham

Re: Temple Recommend Expiration Reminder

Post by joshbingham »

lajackson wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:06 am
joshbingham wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:51 am 1. I found in the Members Tools app . . .
2. Is there a place to turn on this feature on the official website,
1. The last time it worked for me I got a reminder in the month prior to my recommend expiration that the recommend would expire in the following month. I do not know if there would have been a followup reminder in the actual expiration month.

2. Since the feature is only available in the app, I do not believe it can be turned on at the website. It has to be turned on in the app.
Thank-you! Appreciate the response.
Josh Bingham
Ward Clerk - Palo Alto Foothills Ward (California)

Return to “Main Church Website”