Unable to see Ward directory

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
eathorfree

Unable to see Ward directory

Post by eathorfree »

I have two issues:
1. Message stating my account isn’t complete and that I need to add my member number. However, my member number is on my account.
2. Cannot access Ward directory/map. Receive the following error:
“ Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).” This has been ongoing for about a week, maybe longer. Cannot access via my iPhone or laptop. I receive the same error messages. Please advise.

Thank you

[Personal information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public forum
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Unable to see Ward directory

Post by russellhltn »

Check with your ward clerk to make sure your records are in the ward and the MRN is correct.

There's been cases where the old ward sent the records into limbo upon moveout. Until the records gets moved back into the ward, there will be no access to things like the ward directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
PJSPerry

Post by PJSPerry »

I am unable to open the Ward directory.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

PJSPerry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:08 pm I am unable to open the Ward directory.
As this Forum is user-to-user discussion and self-help, with a generic statement like that, you're likely only going to have people guessing as to what might help you out (there's a couple of standard suggestions that others will likely share). Could you be a little more specific about your issue?

For instance, have you been able to open the Ward Directory before, but now are unable? Have you recently moved, or maybe received a new calling? Are you trying this via the Church website or the Tools app? If using the App, have you successfully used it before to look at the Ward Directory?

Any details you share, will help other Forum members provide ideas that will hopefully be pertinent to your situation.
PJSPerry

Post by PJSPerry »

I am unable to open my Ward Directory. I have been able to use it in the past. I have not moved or received a new calling. I am using the Church website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

PJSPerry wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 pm I am unable to open my Ward Directory. I have been able to use it in the past. I have not moved or received a new calling. I am using the Church website.
You might try incognito mode to make sure it's not cookie buildup.

After that, talk to the clerk to make sure your records are in the ward. If they got moved out by accident, that would explain it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
westjacquelinemarie1

Post by westjacquelinemarie1 »

I have been a member for over 50 years and have always been able to use my Ward Directory - why can't I get in now????? I have not moved or
changed anything and have been in the Duncraig Ward, Western Australia for more than 20 years so why would the Ward Clerk need to have
changed my details??? Jacqueline M. West - Temple Recommend no: [removed]

[Moderator edit: Removed recommend number. This is a public forum.]
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

westjacquelinemarie1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm ... so why would the Ward Clerk need to have
changed my details??? ...
I know for a fact that it's possible for an assistant ward clerk, membership, to make a mistake that he's not able to fully reverse. :-(
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

westjacquelinemarie1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm why would the Ward Clerk need to have changed my details???
It is possible that a sync failed. I have seen cases where an app update caused sync problems which could prevent some of the data from coming into your device. You could try sending feedback from within the app (if you are able to log in) which will provide details to the developers to help troubleshoot your problem. You might also reach out to your ward/branch clerk to make sure your membership record didn't get accidentally moved out of the unit.

Return to “Church Account”